• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Amps I tried out today, report.

I tried the Fender Super Champ XD very nice for the price, not for me but still nice.

Dr Z Maz Jr, the most hi fi amp I have ever played, expensive and a one trick pony, but excellent in every way except the EQ which was not very responsive, just a little too bright for my taste, but in every other way smokin. There was a used one there for $1195 with 2 10's. I might go back and bring one of my EVM12L's, and a distortion pedal and maybe make an offer.

Mesa 5-50, nice but no ceegar, did not play it all that much, so I have no real opinion.

Fender Blues Jr. that amp I liked a lot, small, and light, it needs a distortion pedal in front but a nice amp for the money. I was hoping to try the Rebel but they were sold out at GC.

Now for the amp I liked the most this day. Mesa Lonestar I tried both, one with 6L6's and the other with EL34's. It is a higher quality amp that sounds similar to the tones I get from my HRD. Of course at GC there are a bunch of persons (I am being polite) banging away on stuff making noises at far too loud, but in between the chaos I got to appreciate the Lonestar. I am calling Mesa and seeing what they want for a Lonestar Head, the narrow one. If it is under eighteen bills shipped I may consider it. Or look on e-bay for a used one.

All in all I ain't buying one retail in this state because of the tax. I can get a Mesa shipped free from some dealers, no tax so that is the way I would go. I still have several I want to try, like the THD Flexi 50.

Trending Topics