Amps So Ugly They Make You Mad!!

golfnut

I think the Tone King Falcon is kind of ugly.

photo_falcon_1_large.jpg

The Galaxy cabinet is kind of ugly to.

photo_galaxy-cabinet_1_large.jpg

Maybe even the Metropolitan that I own might be considered borderline ugly but I think its kind of cool. The most different looking amp I've ever owned.

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
It's funny, take that purple marshall, add some gold piping and a real 50w tube chassis and all of a sudden its' beautiful!

79stratman

These look like the console of a time machine or spaceship out of a cheesy 50s or 60s black and white movie. Or a Delorian dashboard......But I'd like to spend a day with one ;)

Actually, this looks to the design aesthetic of a bio-med engineer. This could easily be something rolled-into an ICU, or surgical suite.

Would you like some reverb and tremolo with your caudery probe, doctor?

jtees4

I don't tend to get mad at amps. Or guitars either for that matter. My wife? Different story!

Lullabies

any of those 50 car coloured TV looking amps... yuck. Give me a plain jane Ampeg VT-22 or V4 stack and I'm happy

loudboy

Those Legend amps sounded as bad as they looked. Maybe the worst sounding amps of all time.

ZZ Top made about a jillion bucks with one - it's the only amp used on Eliminator.

A combo, Terry Manning, the engineer still has it.

Whiskeyrebel

Silver Supporting Member
Re Splawn:
My 7yo son says AAAAWESOOOOOOOMMME!
My 9yo Daughter asks if it's an amp or a suitcase.

motokev

I think the Tone King Falcon is kind of ugly.

The Galaxy cabinet is kind of ugly to.

Maybe even the Metropolitan that I own might be considered borderline ugly but I think its kind of cool. The most different looking amp I've ever owned.

you're joking of coarse..........

the metro is ugly ?
I think its the most beautiful amp ever built.

I agree, the legs on the galaxy cab need to go.

the falcon is ugly ? uhhhh, I have 5 posters of it in my bedroom

Trending Topics

Top Bottom