+ Amps that DON'T need pedals to sound fab +

suparsonic

I would never use a o/drive pedal in any of my amps. My favorite amps are Soldano Slo 100, Diezel Herbert and Bogner 100b. Special mention to the awesome Herbert loop which just loves delay or reverb pedals.
CAE OD 100se+ is on my list of 'to try' amps. I owned a OD 100 std which was damn good also.

PFCG

My Two Rock is a great plug and play amp! Its all in your volume knob!

Also i love the Diezel Herbert and VH4, as well as the Bogner XTC, and the CAA OD100SE+

Mesa Maverick was also pretty good back when i had it. I would most likely retube the thing if i ever got another one though, i think thats maybe why i didnt love it to the max.

lukeII

For cleans only, TR Classic Reverb and a Fargen Blackbird are great without the need for anything else. For clean and OD; CAA OD50 Classic + with a MP Deep Blue Delay in the loop keeps me very happy. Bogner Shiva was also very good but I like the OD50 better.

mesa roadster, I use exactly zero pedals and can go from crushing metal to sparkling clean and everywhere inbetween with no help

dankayaker

This is easy:

Two Rock Classic Reverb
Komet Constellation
Goodsell Super 17 MK II
Egnater Rebel
CAA OD100 SE+

davebc

I 2nd the Louis vote,
Straight in this is the richest, nastiest, ballsy straight in tone I've ever experienced.

keninsyr

Allen Old Flames and various Grosh's work for me. Never use a pedal. Just a good cord. Plus it only takes 5 minutes to get set up.

M@tt C

Silver Supporting Member
Budda SD 30 II...set the drive at about 10 o' clock on the overdrive channel, and I can go from a chimey light cruch to all out searing OD with a twist of the volume pot on my LP.

LOVE playing that way- very simple and intuitive.

ecbluesman54

SLO-100, dont even need the footswitch to switch between the channels. Plug straight in, and use the volume on the guitar.

Rod

Tone is Paramount
Gold Supporting Member
My Egnater Tourmaster is an amazing no pedals needed amp...Well, it should be...It's got 4 channels that really sound like a JTM 45, a Tweedish plexi, a Plexi, and a great Egnater TOL sounding lead channel...good reverb, Great FXloop, very good build quality, comes with $200 worth of Groove Tubes stock..highly recommended....and this is coming from a guitarist that has owned and played out with many boutique amps over the years...even before they were called boutique

Trending Topics