Amps w/Line Outs

Gas Hed

Hey TGP…can you name me some amps that have line outs? I am flirting with getting a backup amp after a panic set in earlier when my amp wouldn’t turn on…resetting my Eventide H9 did the trick. But I should probably have a backup and it has to have a line out on account of I use that to feed my in ear monitor. Thoughts?

Horsimus

Might not be right for you, but the Audio Kitchen Big Trees is small, awesome-sounding and has line out. I own it and will never, ever let it go.

I also think the Suhr Corso has line out, but I've never used it so can't say much on it. It's also rather small in the wattage stakes.

If you have an efficient speaker in your cab, you're still on the fun side of 100dB at 1 metre with either of these.

J Factor

Silver Supporting Member
There are lots of amps with a line out. Can you specify what type of amp and which basic features and sounds you need in order to narrow it down?

My Mesa TC-50 has a line out (and a headphone out treated with the CabClone sim) and can get a huge variety of tones. It's probably not what most would think of as a backup amp, though.

Last edited:

Roccorobb

If you mean a direct or with speaker sim that will sound good in your ears, your choices are more limited. Any of the modeling amps would work though, if it's just a backup.

rongtr1

The Fender ToneMaster series has a balanced line out with impulse responses-you can choose between an SM 57 and a Ribbon microphone.

Gas Hed

If you mean a direct or with speaker sim that will sound good in your ears, your choices are more limited. Any of the modeling amps would work though, if it's just a backup.
Yes - this is what I'm after. I have a PT15 IR and use the line out with IEMs during practice to save my hearing. Thinking the same thing as you...modeling may be the way to go for a backup.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom