Amps you love and can afford but WON’T PONY up the $ for.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by buzzard blues bird, Jul 21, 2019.

1. buzzard blues bird

buzzard blues bird Member

I love the Friedman Dirty Shirley 40 head but damn , even used they’re like $2k. I’m older now and I’ve already got about 10 Marshall’s and a Mesa plus various pedals but I still think about the dirty Shirley.

ericb likes this.
  2. WBellman

WBellman Supporting Member

Once you played a Friedman you won't miss the money. All of the hype is real. Got my PT warming up right now.

Two Rock.

buddaman71, PBGas and Someotherguy like this.
  3. Guinness Lad

Guinness Lad Silver Supporting Member

I got my Slo 100 back. Had many amps prior and 7 or 8 after. There is a difference, the wasted money was in thinking I could get by with something cheaper.

JPH118, Crash-VR, macmax77 and 6 others like this.
  4. gulliver

gulliver Supporting Member

You're not making sense, man, just sell two Marshall/Mesas and you're there.

:rolleyes:

Holzar88, Gasp100, EL34 and 4 others like this.
  5. Doomrider78

Doomrider78 Member

Pretty much anything over $1200 CAD: I have the money, I just can't justify it.

six_stringer, slybird, HugoLC and 2 others like this.
  6. Donn Rowe

Donn Rowe Member

I have a crapload of amps so I should release some into the wild LOL BUT.... I would love a Komet Aero 33 It's my favorite Komet of all the ones I have played or come into contact with ! Too much $$ though :(

7. swampstomper

swampstomper Member

If you have the money and aren’t getting any younger by all means scratch the itch. What’s the worst that could happen?

8. jvin248

jvin248 Member

Why, when...

fishbeiner likes this.
  9. ericb

ericb Silver Supporting Member

I have soo many amazing amps and I can't justify spending over 1500.00 on any amp. Maybe sometime I will. Someone (most guys on this forum) will say just sell 2 of your amps and buy a 3000.00 amp. Well I just have this principle I guess that if I've found a spectacular amp that suits my needs for 1100.00 a 3000.00 amp won't do it 2-3 times better! Sorta weird considering I'm a total amp addict. NOW if I could try a Wizard Mtl or MCii, a Komet 29, a Redplate Magica, a PT15, an SLO, a Cameron,etc, maybe I'd change my mind, but I have so many world-class amps for so much cheaper. .. sigh.. . why does this addiction even occur? lol

Eric

EL34 and macmax77 like this.
  10. davidespinosa

davidespinosa Supporting Member

Let's see.
    Two so-so $1000 amps or one great $2000 amp.
    Now that's a hard decision...

11. Jabby92

Jabby92 Member

$2K is usually the most I will pay. I've wanted to pick up a Bogner but they're almost always $2500+. I've been happy with my Mesa's and others.

12. Steviecaster

Steviecaster Member

Probably a Diezel Herbert.

13. petty1818

petty1818 Member

Great amps can be had for under $1000 Canadian but that’s very limiting. $1200 doesn’t get you a lot these days (in Canadian that is). I just try to be patient. Bought a mint/used Carr Sportsman for $1600 and they go for close to $4000 Canadian now.

14. ekajnitram

ekajnitram Member

I'd say Friedman BE's are up there for me, as well Two Rock, Mesa (brand new price), and Matchless.

15. BlueRiff

BlueRiff Member

(Guitar sales person qualifying a customer after reviewing features and cost with a prospect) “Would you like us to ship the amp to your house or pick it up here?” [Cust.] “Well, I’m just looking.” [Sales] “If you don’t mind my asking...you’ve said the tone would work for you, that you’ve been looking at this amp and the price point is decent ... what would stop you from buying this amp today?” [Cust.] “We need to consider our other financial obligations.” [Sales] “Will this work within your wife’s budget?” [Cust.] “Let me call her and ask...”

Dr Bonkers, woof*, drri and 2 others like this.
  16. LaXu

LaXu Member

Most Diezel amps. I used to have an Einstein but I don't want one of those due to bad channel setup but I wouldn't mind any of the others but at the same time I don't have a huge need for one.

17. Pastafarian

Pastafarian Member

I have every amp I will ever need but I still lust after certain amps. Like you I could go and drop 3-5k on a single amp if I wanted but why? For one the gigs I will be doing are all in seedy parts of town and for two I already have my recording rig down pat. I am not a collector I am a player.

18. eigentone

eigentone Supporting Member

It could be a Gateway Drug??? :dunno

Steviecaster likes this.
  19. Alchemist XP

Alchemist XP Silver Supporting Member

That new Suhr PT-15 is kind of appealing ... but I'll definitely hold off and see what kind of bargains are there in a year or two. After I got my Bogner Helios 50 along with my trusty Mesa TA30, don't have nearly as much amp GAS as I used to ...

bgh and Gasp100 like this.
  20. mikeratan00

mikeratan00 Member