• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Amps you regret selling

Will V.

Silver Supporting Member
Blackface Deluxe Reverb
Blackface Bassman
Mesa Boogie Subway Blues
Hiwatt Bulldog 50

nic

The horrod deluxe that my dad bought me.

its not the best amp. I could buy another. But I should have never sold it.

Maguchi

I have a few. Actually, way too many. Either didn't want them or I needed the money at the time (mostly needed the money) but I wish I still had them today. What are your amp selling regrets?

here are the ones I regret letting go:

Mesa Boogie Stilletto Trident
Mesa rectoveb 50 watt combo
VHT Deliverance 60 head
VHT Deliverance combo <-- especially this one. rare in combo form
VHT SigX and Deliverance Cab
Zinky Blue Velvet combo
Peavey JSX head
Peavy 5150
Ampeg R12R combo

The combos I regret selling the most and the VHT deliverance 60 head. : \
Yeah 5 or 6 years ago I sold a bunch of my bigger amps thinking I would just keep smaller watt amps. The ones I miss the most are a Marshall 1987 50 watt head and 4x12" cab, a Marshall JCM 2000 50 watt head and 4x12" cab, a Marshall DSL 40 combo, a Fender '65 Twin Reverb reissue and a Fender '65 Super Reverb reissue. Don't know what I was thinking, temporary insanity. :( :oops::rolleyes:o_O

blrogers

Silver Supporting Member
Cage Corsa 30. Only amp from the great gear purge of 15 yrs ago. Wish I still had my thorn artisan deluxe back too...

SithLordChris

Marshall JCM800 2203X, Orange Rockerverb 50 MKi, Mesa Boogie Stiletto Trident, Mesa Boogie Electradyne, Mesa Boogie Stiletto Ace, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL100, Peavey 5050II, Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Multi-Watt, Fryette Deliverance D120 Head.........man......this is super depressing typing it all out.

Muzzy

Silver Supporting Member
I had a Victoria tweed super. Traded it for a silverface vibrolux. After the honeymoon was over, I wanted the super back.

HAL 9000

1964 Blackface Deluxe Reverb
1965 Blackface Deluxe Reverb
1976 Vibrochamp
1978 Princeton NR
1990 Vibrolux reissue

:bonk

Cragar

Silver Supporting Member
mild regret for selling a '99 Rivera Knucklehead 55. did not really have much of a use for it since I was not playing out much anymore. but, what a great amp. never got a bad tone out of it and built super tough. I sent it back to Rivera for it's 20 year service and apparently someone from Buckcherry wanted to buy it.

Pick53766

I had this 5W Ibanez blue tube amp, I have no idea what it was called (ValBee?). It was cheap and tiny and ugly and all and I sold it for next to nothing as "useless" only to realize that it was actually a very nicely sounding home practice amp. Whatever practice solution came after it was only marginally better and way more expensive.

Beng2040

Silver Supporting Member
Mesa MKIIC+ long chassis DRG
Mesa MKIIC+ HRG combo

I did enjoy them but they were overkill for me. Only regret selling them because they have skyrocketed in price.

I do miss the 62 brownface Vibrolux I sold. That was a killer amp.

Hulakatt

Has done terrible things for a klondike bar
Gold Supporting Member
72' Fender Bassman 50 that just sounded so right. Later found a battered 65' that sounded about the same and still have it.

72' Fender Vibrolux Reverb. It also just sounded so right and was perfect for gigging with my strat at the time. I grew tired of the weight, traded it for an early SF Princeton Reverb that was pure crap. Built a 5e3, it was better than the PR in every way so I sold the PR and went on gigging the 5e3 for a long time.

Despite the common belief, Fender was doing something right with amps in 72'.

Last edited:

sahlomonic

1983 2203 I bought from a buddy 10 years ago for $250. Had it for a few weeks, decided I would never be able to give it the volume it deserves, and traded it for a DSL, then traded that for a Bogner Alchemist :facepalm

Carvin Legacy I also bought for $250. Same situation, sold it weeks later.

5150 block letter I bought for $400. Did a 3 way trade on HC for a brand new 6505+, then sold it off after a few months. :facepalm

Hulakatt

Has done terrible things for a klondike bar
Gold Supporting Member
Marshal DSL201. Bought it when I was working in a guitar store and then found out one of the younger employees had been saving up for it. I felt bad and sold it to the kid for what I paid for it. Then he turned out to be just kind of a dick after that, made me regret it. It was a great amp and the first time I really "got" Marshall dirt. It sounded amazing cranked up and it was so small that it cranked up into OD at easily manageable volumes. I don't remember if it had a clean sound in it and I don't care, there's lots of other amps for that. It would have been so easy to run it through an AB for a clean amp/dirty amp rig.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom