• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Amptweaker first product: TightDrive

amptweaker

Guys,
I just posted some pictures of my first product offering on Facebook.com/amptweaker....the TightDrive pedal. Several of the features of this overdrive pedal came from discussions on these forums as well as ideas that people posted on my website, so I hope you guys dig the results. I'll be posting some sound samples next week when I get back from a family trip.

thanks,
James Brown
amptweaker.com

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=8695&id=100000253850392&l=71efe95a6f

missing_dave

Hey James pleasure to have ya here,looking forward to hearing it! Not to derail but poked around after seeing your link and saw what you do etc.
Really liked the clean and dirty sound of the Coupe 35. Don't take this the wrong way as i mean it as a compliment but I like that it seems like its a no frills kinda amp.From what i heard just solid big clean tones and smooth overdrive channel.Classy looks.Nice wattage too.

amptweaker

Hey James pleasure to have ya here,looking forward to hearing it! Not to derail but poked around after seeing your link and saw what you do etc.
Really liked the clean and dirty sound of the Coupe 35. Don't take this the wrong way as i mean it as a compliment but I like that it seems like its a no frills kinda amp.From what i heard just solid big clean tones and smooth overdrive channel.Classy looks.Nice wattage too.
Thanks for the compliment, and I certainly take it that way. I've designed a lot of much more complicated amps in the past, such as the Triple XXX/JSX models at Peavey, and currently the Double Cross at Kustom.....but everybody tends to dig the simpler ones better: 5150, Classic 50, 36 + 72 Coupes.

In fact, that's one of the challenges of this new venture I'm working on with Amptweaker. I want to make things that appeal to a lot of different people, but I'm trying to avoid throwing the kitchen sink into everything. That's why I've been using the Product Idea button on my website to get people's feedback and ideas. That way it's easier for me to figure out ways to incorporate common themes.....like the fact that I heard 'Tight sounding Overdrive' many times over and over, so that took this pedal down the road of having a control that gives you a simple but very powerful control over that feature. And the Effects Loop on the back that lets you patch in whatever other stuff you want to go with this pedal, so you don't have to build extra chains with outboard effects loop pedals and stuff. I got so many comments from people wanting dual-effect pedals, that the combinations would have been endless.....it made me realize that what everybody REALLY wanted was a simple way to add the 2nd effect to the first and be able to kick them on/off with one switch. And at the last minute I added a Pre-Post switch to let you position that loop before or after THIS pedal. So you can compress the front of it, or EQ or Delay the back of it, whatever you want.

James Brown
amptweaker.com

missing_dave

Agreed,and some very notable amps their!

Looking forward to hearing this tight feature and the voicing of the pedal..great to see some new things in the overdrive world! :beer

amptweaker

Love the enclosure! Can't wait to hear it.
I showed the TightDrive pedal around some at NAMM, and introduced it on my new website. There are also several videos demoing the sound of it: one is a strat through a princeton reverb, and the other is a Peavey Vandenberg through a 5150. If anybody is interested in getting one, I have a 'pre-order' button on the page so you can get in line.

www.amptweaker.com

There's also a video from NAMM of Steve Brown from Trixter jamming on it through a new Kustom head called the KG100HFX.

Check it out,
James

gkelm

Silver Supporting Member
Pedal sounds great...I enjoyed reading your story, and like your approach. All the best!
Greg

ungarn

James,

Any chance of sending a demo TighDrive out on "tour" for TGP members to audition, comment, and pass on? If so...count me in!

Dana Olsen

Platinum Supporting Member
That's a great sounding pedal James, with cool features. It seems to offer a wide array of tones, or of sculpting possibilities on the same basic tones.

Too bad about Jason Jordan's chops and feel, eh? - Poor guy barely has a musical thought in his head (GRIN) His playing is wonderful.

I really liked the sound with the "Tight" control way up and the gain way down - sounded like a tweed amp turned halfway up - great for Cowboy type solos.

Thanks, Dana O.

mrscott99

This really is one of the best sounding OD pedals I have heard in a while. The tight control seems very useful. Very Very Transparent and organic sounding. Nice job

Trending Topics

Top Bottom