Amptweaker Tightrock Question

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Dave LaP, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Dave LaP

Dave LaP Member

For Tightrock owners:

Is there a "sweet spot" where the drive sounds best or is it equally good in all gain ranges?

I ask because I've had high gain pedals before that didn't do the medium gain thing quite as well as high gain, and I would like to buy a pedal that can do both equally well. For example: With the gain knob on 2 (out of 10), volume at like 6 out of ten does it have the same "quality" sound as when the gain is cranked? Does it do classic rock, for example, as well as heavier rock?

I'm pretty close to buying one so thanks in advance for any help you can throw my way.

2. Dave LaP

Dave LaP Member

Bump for Tuesday. Thanks.

3. Shredmonster

Shredmonster Member

I think the Tightrock does do this. Did you listen to the samples ? I have personally played the Tight Metal even though I don't play that style. Killer Killer pedal.
    Clear notes, sustain, it is all there.

I could get feedback at will. I also could vibrato a note forever. With lots of pedals after the notes starts to die you hear a scratch or buziness - not with these pedals.

The only reason I have not bought a Tight Rock yet is cause I hope next year he comes out with a two button version otherwise I would have had one after playing that Tight Metal.

Some of the absolute best pedals out there IMO. Built like a brick **** house too. I would not think twice about getting one.

Another option for you would be the Dual Sided SRB808. I will never get rid of mine. Use it all the time. My go to OD pedal.

4. Dave LaP

Dave LaP Member

Gig results: The Tight Rock is a keeper. :).

Great pedal. It can get the singing,screaming, focused, fat lead sounds that I like.

Just to compare some other pedals before I decided to keep it, I demoed the OCD, a Lovepedal OD, Texas Flood, Jekyll and Hyde, and I liked the Tight Rock better. I haven't heard every OD under the sun so I don't mean this to be a "shootout". Just passing on what my ears liked.

Love the side track feature. It allows me to do two loops on a pedaltrain JR. One is for clean and lighter overdrive sounds and has reverb. The tight rock, heavier OD sound is just the TR and an MXR Carbon Copy delay.

The side track means I can go from pristine cleans to light OD to heavy OD (with my choice of verb or delay on each that engages simultaneously) with one pedal click. It's like having a 3 channel amp.

I still have room on my board for a couple of pedals. thinking of adding my Tim as a boost and maybe an EQ.

Again, two thumbs up (from me) for the Tight Rock. The only possible downside to it may be that it's one of those pedals that (IMHO) imparts it's own sound to your amp. That's just fine with me because I like the sound it imparts and have other OD's like the TIM that gives OD without as much "coloration" when that is needed.

Way to go Mr. James Brown. Impressive!

5. amptweaker

amptweaker Member

Glad you like it Dave, and thanks for the compliments!
    James B
    amptweaker.com