ampwares.com?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by triple_vee, Jan 29, 2008.

1. triple_vee

triple_vee Senior Member

Has anyone purchased from this company lately?

I placed an online order about 2 weeks ago, they charged my credit card, but I haven't received my order. All calls to them go straight to VM even though I call during their stated business hours. And, no, they haven't returned my messages.

2. MikeMcK

MikeMcK Member

There are quite a few posts about them within the forum. The consensus is that your package will arrive eventually, just not soon.

3. ScottR

ScottR Member

it'll get to you...eventually

4. triple_vee

triple_vee Senior Member

5. cander328

cander328 Member

Funny that this should come up because I also placed an order about 2 weeks ago and have not heard anything either. I have purchased through them in the past and had no problems. I will probably give them a call to check on my order.

6. Captain Midnite

Captain Midnite Member

Just got a back panel for my 70's Twin, yeah it takes a few weeks, but hey...

7. Blue Strat

Blue Strat Member

Sterling, VA (not far from Washington DC)
    Wow! It's been almost one week since the last thread just like this.

8. misle

misle Member

I'm glad I came here and searched. I'm having the same problem.

Ordered some knobs and an input jack on the 12th. CC was charged on the 18th. I called them today and it goes straight to voicemail and the mail box is full, so I was getting kind of annoyed / worried.

Next time, I'll order from a place that is quicker. I've been waiting 2.5 weeks to finish up my '69 Bandmaster. :BITCH

9. fusionbear

fusionbear exquirentibus veritatem Gold Supporting Member

I have had the same history with them. You will get what you ordered, but it appears that they are on a different space time continuum. In the crossing of the time-space continuums, who know's what time shifts occur. But, in the end, your package will arrive.......
    I decided to stay in my own continuum, so i don't order there anymore.....

10. Wiz-ski

Wiz-ski Member

I just ran into the same problem - ordered some tweed and amp corners to build a DIY pedalboard and it's been 2 weeks. No order confirmation email. Credit card charged 7 days after the order, that was a week ago. Called to check the order during the Noon - 5pm hours - went right to voicemail, and the mailbox was full. No email address ANYWHERE on the website other than the webmaster's email, and that was returned as undeliverable.

Great products, decent prices, customer service so far really sucks.

11. AL30

AL30 Member

Yeah, my thoughts too. Please do a search for Ampwares. This thread pops up somewhere ALL THE TIME.

AL

12. gkoelling

gkoelling Member

Actually, these threads are beneficial to those of us with short term memory loss.

Where did I put my glasses?

I swear I left them in this thread somewhere! This is the right thread, isn't it?

13. DonW

DonW Velocity Town Angel Silver Supporting Member

They are running later than ever. Used to take two weeks, now orders take a month. Actually I think my order came in a few days after a month had passed but the order was right as is always the case. Just pretend it's the early 1900's and you ordered by catalog, it'd be the same delivery time, but you will get your stuff.:AOK

14. Blue Strat

Blue Strat Member

Part time business + 100s of low cost parts + lowest prices (hence lowest margins hence lowest profit) = Perfect storm. Expect to wait.

15. Flameout12

Flameout12 Member

Well I beg to disagree, but the last time I posted on this topic I got banned.

Let's just say I'd advise folks to shop elsewhere. :mad:

There are other vendors with similar prices who do answer their e-mails, answer their phone, ship their orders, & ship their orders in a reasonable time (like within a week).

And I might add, this site is an excellent place to buy tubes: http://www.kcanostubes.com/
    :BEER

16. Catoogie

Catoogie Senior Member

They don't return e-mail messages, all calls either go directly to voicemail or the voice mailbox is full and it takes FOREVER to get your order BUT you will get your order. Hang in there and don't order from them again. I sure won't.

17. Catoogie

Catoogie Senior Member

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! That's the funniest thing I have ever heard. Good luck getting to speak with someone, there's not a chance in hell that will happen.

18. misle

misle Member

Well, it has been over a month since I ordered. On Monday, it will be over a month for them charging my credit card. It may be time to do a charge back. I'm very annoyed with the complete lack of anything remotely close to customer service.

19. BBQLS1

BBQLS1 Member

I placed an order with them once about a year ago. I probably won't again, they take way too long to ship.

20. Blue Strat

Blue Strat Member

Doing a chargeback is an excellent idea. Businesses aren't supposed to hit your card and ship months later.