• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

AMT "Japanese Girl" WH-1 Wah

CaptainAwesome

It definitely is a stupid username
Silver Supporting Member
A Wah in a Boss-sized enclosure is intriguing - anyone had a chance to try one?

I'm thinking the sweep might take some time to get used to, but considering the size I might be able to find a way.

I still can't figure out how to embed a youtube clip :facepalm, so here's a direct link. Maybe someone can help me out and reply with an embedded view
:dunno
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=n3P3vtmJ99c

JayNo

I was JUST about to make a thread for this pedal.

I'm split between the Joe Bonamassa, Wilson 12-Position and now this.

For value and sound, I'm leaning towards the AMT.

JayNo

Burgs quoted that they run for around 95$ USD. Shipping and duty charges could change that.

AXXA

Silver Supporting Member
I'm not about to switch to a tiny wah, but I'm very impressed! This is much more appealing than the Chi wah, since the Chi is switchless (which won't work for me, I like parking the wah). This thing kinda reminds me of a tiny Clyde Deluxe.

sleejay80

What's the name supposed to imply?

I hope it's not anything offensive toward the women of our country.

What do you think, am I over-reacting,
or should I e-mail them a protest?

Jahn

Listens to Johnny Marr, plays like John Denver
Silver Supporting Member
hey now that actually interests me a LOT!

the price:

2850 RUB
=
93.99736 USD

edgie

+1. When I saw the name, I'm sure there will be some issues with it. I'm also curious what's with the name. From an optimist point of view, maybe they're paying tribute to Japanese beauty of being petite and cute. But part of me says that it's quite inappropriate given that most guitar players are men so I can't quite shake off the feeling that there might be some sexist undertones in the name. Maybe I'm overreacting too?

sleejay80

+1. When I saw the name, I'm sure there will be some issues with it. I'm also curious what's with the name. From an optimist point of view, maybe they're paying tribute to Japanese beauty of being petite and cute. But part of me says that it's quite inappropriate given that most guitar players are men so I can't quite shake off the feeling that there might be some sexist undertones in the name. Maybe I'm overreacting too?
Thanks for your input.

Yeah I tried to look on the bright side too,
but hey it's still a pedal, you lay it on the floor,
and rock it with YOUR FEET.

I don't think I really care how AMT actually feels about the women of my country (positive or not),
I think I just feel, in my gut, that a pedal should not be named after a racial group.

edgie

Thanks for your input.

Yeah I tried to look on the bright side too,
but hey it's still a pedal, you lay it on the floor,
and rock it with YOUR FEET.

I don't think I really care how AMT actually feels about the women of my country (positive or not),
I think I just feel, in my gut, that a pedal should not be named after a racial group.
You're welcome. What I'm not comfortable is the thought that I have to step on a thing that has a "feminine gender" on it. It's pretty much like having someone's mom/sis/gf's name or pic on the pedal then stepping on it. At least that's how it comes across to me.

A little cultural sensitivity would have made me buy that wah.

CaptainAwesome

It definitely is a stupid username
Silver Supporting Member
What I'm not comfortable is the thought that I have to step on a thing that has a "feminine gender" on it. It's pretty much like having someone's mom/sis/gf's name or pic on the pedal then stepping on it. At least that's how it comes across to me.
I get your point, but the "big muff pi" has been stomped by guitarists for decades.

Let's get back on topic and discuss the tightly packaged Wah that this pedal is. :beer

Clean Channel

When I first saw the vid, I was really interested! My wah takes up a lot of space on my board, and a mini wah could solve that.

I wonder however if, with my big feet, if I could use this wah effectively if there were other pedals above and below it. I'd still need to stick my whole foot in there, and might just end up hitting the other pedals?

I'd love to demo it and find out for sure...

triviani

Silver Supporting Member

I'm with you, not sure if the name is appropriate, specially written as a nickname of the pedal. (Although "Japanese girl" is not more a racial group than "California chic")

I'm not Japanese, but lived here enough to call it home. I'm sure it was not their intention to be offensive, but that name sounded weird to say at least.

sleejay80

You're welcome. What I'm not comfortable is the thought that I have to step on a thing that has a "feminine gender" on it. It's pretty much like having someone's mom/sis/gf's name or pic on the pedal then stepping on it. At least that's how it comes across to me.

A little cultural sensitivity would have made me buy that wah.
I'm with you, not sure if the name is appropriate, specially written as a nickname of the pedal. (Although "Japanese girl" is not more a racial group than "California chic")

I'm not Japanese, but lived here enough to call it home. I'm sure it was not their intention to be offensive, but that name sounded weird to say at least.
I'm happy to see that others are with me on this,
good to know I'm not going crazy over some politically correctness.

I don't think I would have been this offended if it were something else:
speaker, amp, guitar...

But like I said, pedal, a wah, not only you kick it on, you literally abuse it with your foot.

I have e-mailed AMT about the offense I and many others in Japan, and some here have taken. We'll see how they respond.

sleejay80

BTW, sorry to jack the thread over this...

I'll try to keep quiet from here on,
although it's pretty hard since I'm on here too much LOL

Ben C.

Seems like a great idea and sounds good to me (but then, all Burgs vids do), but I'm going to wait for the switchable wah/vol combo version of this... hopefully something like that will be available soon.

4nd3h

Seems like a great idea and sounds good to me (but then, all Burgs vids do), but I'm going to wait for the switchable wah/vol combo version of this... hopefully something like that will be available soon.
You never know... ;) Email Sergey.

Trending Topics