An electric guitar you never should have sold.

Tulia

Do you have that one in mind?

An Electric that you'd like to have back?

One that comes to my mind was a guitar that was built for me by the Tom Anderson Guitar Company.
I obtained it in a Trade.
I had a '65 Blackface Twin, with Jensens, that i didn't need, as i usually play a BF-Vibrolux that has been deeply modified.
So, i contacted a store that was a very prolific trader regarding these type amps and they were also one of the largest Tom Anderson Dealers.
I said : "If you let me custom order a Turquoise Quilt Top "Cobra", with a Pau Ferro board and .....so forth and so on........I'll trade you my amp for that Custom order.""
They replied...."do you have any photos".
I had them waiting.
About 5 months later i had the TA-Cobra and they had the Twin.
I kept the guitar about a year, sold it.
I'd like to have it back.

Last edited:

RickV

1970 es-330 bought new when in HS. Traded it in on a Sunn Concert Bass amp in the early 70’s.

2002 Les Paul Classic in iced tea plain top burst. Previous owner put in 57 Classics. It had the mojo. I’d buy it back in a heartbeat, if I could.

mikeratan00

80’s or 90’s.. can’t remember..Valley Arts custom Signed by Carlton and Lukather by builder Mike McGuire

Drew816

Silver Supporting Member
My '56 Les Paul Gold Top. That guitar had it all, but I thought I could do "better..." HA, all the ignorance of youth...

My '68 laydown Plexi, my Purple 50 Watt Small Box, my favorite was my '74 Big Box 50 Watt actually, funny enough, that amp could do it all.

mrpinter

Silver Supporting Member
A Novax prototype of the Expression Series of fanned fret guitars. I traded it for some photography and a brochure I created for Ralph Novak. It had a nice set of Bartolini soapbar pickups, a Wenge fretboard, an active 9 decibal lead boost, and the speckled paint on the body was to hide his choice of tone wood, I was told. I'm still kicking myself for selling it.

Whogo

Gold Supporting Member
1982 Fender '52 Reissue Telecaster.

Picked it up in 1985 used for 125.00. Traded it around 1995 (for I can't recall what?) when I moved Texas and suddenly was around all of these other "must have" guitars.

Timcito

A Taylor T5 custom in cocobolo. For its looks alone I should have kept it. Even my wife was in disbelief - and she has no interest in guitars - when I sold it, thinking I wasn't really 'that kind of player.' Since then, I have begun to play in electric styles more, and to rub extra salt in the wound, cocobolo had become a rare wood. That guitar today would be worth a lot more than the $2,000 I paid for it on discount at GC in 2010.

84superchamp

Gold Supporting Member
Can't remember if it was labeled "firebrand" or "the paul" LP, faded brown finish Special. Not real expensive but i played it in more gigs than all the rest combined. Sold it with my peavey amp when i stopped gigging and thought i was done.

NAC25

Silver Supporting Member
I had a Gibson CC Shanks for a short while. I don’t remember why I sold it, but felt terrible afterwards.

Would buy it back immediately if I ever see it again.

Fudbutter

Waaaaaaaay back in the day there was publication called Buy Lines that we used to pour over for used equipment. A bandmate and I decided that it might be a good way to pick up a few bucks if you see a bargain and resell it for a profit.

We did one deal. It was a reverse Firebird. Bought for $125. Sold for $165. We were pleased as heck with ourselves.

I'd settle for the guitar or the money that it is actually worth today (sigh)

CharlieS

A Keebler that was redone by Johan Gustavsson and I upgraded with PAFs and a vintage harness. It was a great sounding guitar and on par with a real burst.

Trending Topics