An interesting find: Echolette E51

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Class5, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Class5

Class5 Member

Recently in the store where I work part time (see sig), we received as a trade, a non-functioning Echolette E51 Tape Echo unit.

[​IMG]

The unit looks complete but will require a service to get it working again. Can anyone spot anything missing (apart from tape and capstan band), or any obvious issues just by the pics?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It is an interesting find and will be a great piece once restored. If other members know anything about these units, I'd appreciate it if you shared your knowledge.

I could probably 'google' it, but I thought other members might appreciate the pics. ;)

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
  2. sawcebox

sawcebox Member

Cool!

You'll most likely need to replace the rubber wheel. When the unit is turned off, the button to the right should always be pressed so that the rubber wheel isn't in contact with the shaft from the motor. If they're in contact too long, the tape will run unevenly and sound too wobbly.

Sweden's leading tape echo repairman told me this repeatedly, that's how I know. :)

3. Frosted Glass

Frosted Glass Member

There's a lot of spot rusting. Possibly also on the tape heads, which may or may not need to be replaced.