1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

An old friend, the Demeter Tremulator

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Richard P, May 16, 2011.

1. Richard P

Richard P Member

I've been through a lot of tremolo pedals in the past couple of years: Demeter, Fulltone, JAM Chill, Stigtronics, the Catalinbread Semaphore, and finally the Diamond. I love the Diamond, but I didn't use most of the features. I really just need a nice, simple,amp-like trem, and I use it a LOT. I needed the space on my board. So I picked up a used Tremulator on TGP, along with a Scarab.

I have to admit that the Tremulator's awesome…even better than I'd remembered. Once you use the trim pot to dial in your sound, it's great. I think it's a keeper.

The one other trem I still wish I had is the Stigtronics. Great tone, and the only non-optical trem I've liked. A different and great sound.

James likes this.
  2. gmann

gmann Member

I got my Dementer Trem in the early '90's. Still have it and still use it. It's not very versatile but it does the Fender Trem thing really well and that's all I need. I like it better than the Trem on my '65 DR.

James likes this.
  3. Pa'ani

Pa'ani Supporting Member

I also have a Demeter Tremulator from the '90's, it's the old grey box with the label maker lettering. It sounds absolutely amazing! It's a definite keeper.

James likes this.
  4. iko

iko Member

Demeter Pedals are awesome !!!
    I have Their Fat Control + Compulator and I'm totally sold!

5. schultzvil

schultzvil In the Clean Channel Silver Supporting Member

have one of these, too. It is great. As is the newer, fancier boxed ones.
    But these days what I rely on, and what would fit your bill also, perfectly, IMHO is the Mad Professor Mellow Yellow Tremolo. Simple, strong, roadworthy, has a level control right up front, deep, musical amp-like Trem. Nothing more, nothing less.... OK M.P. effects are a bit $$$ but built like a tank and just keeps on throbbing...

6. James

James Member

Love the older, red-knobbed small-box Tremulators! :love:

7. Jon C

Jon C Silver Supporting Member

I've had Tremulators for many years, well back into the 90s and still love them ... and their customer service is great, they refurb'd 2 of mine quickly and for a ridiculously low price.

If I go to a pedal from Trem it's the Tremulator unless I pull out my Toneczar Powerglide, which is the gold standard imo but hardly the utilitarian prize that is a Tremulator.

cheers,
    Jon

8. chops612

chops612 Member

If anyone is looking I do have a mint red knob one buried in the emporium for sale.

9. Bobby D

Bobby D Member

me too! when i was doing some shows with Billy Joe Shaver and his son the late great Eddy Shaver -- that was the ONLY pedal Eddy used - red knob tremulator, and he sounded great!

10. Grant Ferstat

Grant Ferstat Some guy in obscure bands in a far away place... Silver Supporting Member

Yeah something about the Demeter. I agree that the Powerglide is the absolute king out of trems that I've tried but I do miss that little Demeter.

11. popinvasion

popinvasion Supporting Member

I have owned practically every trem ever made.. my red knob tremulator is the absolute best. its magical.

12. Richard P

Richard P Member

I decided I need to own the Stigtronics trem too, so I have one of those on order. They're glorious.

Shouldn't everyone own one great non-optical tremolo pedal?

I expect I'll just switch out whenever I get bored.

13. Coldacre

Coldacre Supporting Member

if its good enough for Jonny Greenwood, its good enough for me!

14. popinvasion

that is exactly right.. except it must be a red knobber.

15. Coldacre

did a search "Demeter Tremulator", nothing turned up...???

16. Coldacre

why's that?

17. popinvasion

The red knobber goes faster and is thicker.. its not just a cosmetic difference.