• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

An unusual MF customer service story

Jeff Michael

They did good. I ordered up a bunch of picks, and one set (actually a 1/2 gross) came in the wrong gauge. So I called thinking I'd get a RA number, and the guy I talked to re-entered an order for the right picks and said to keep the ones they sent in error. Couldn't ask for a better outcome.

I just saw a couple of MF/GC bitchfest threads floating near the top of the forum and thought I'd throw this thread out in the interest of fairness.

JAM

ksandvik

I like MF, used many of the stupid deals recently. And ordered picks for $2.50 with free shipping, that was astounding.

Big Boss Man

Same exact thing happened to me with both picks and strings. It would be better though if the warehouse just got the order right the first time around.

coldfingaz

I love getting accessories from MF. Free shipping on most orders & they just have everything in stock & for as low of prices as you'll see anywhere + no tax. I just had a nice hard shell case & 3 sets of Dunlop straplocks sent last week. One of the strap lock boxes got crushed & it was missing one of the locking washers required to hold the strap in place. I let them know & just asked if they could send me a replacement washer, and they responded within a half hour apologizing & letting me know an entire new set of strap locks would be sent (along with shipping confirmation that it was).

Loop-Master

Had the wrong picks sent to me about 10 years ago from MF. They did the same thing. "Keep 'em we'll send the right ones"

doctorx

For small stuff like that it's probably cheaper for them to let you keep it rather than pay to have it shipped back.

bobmc

Gold Supporting Member
Same expereince on two different orders, I guess I could understand buying a guitar from them, but have never. For widgets and sundry ding dang doos, I always check them and AMS first.

scmavl

Enjoyer
Gold Supporting Member
I bought a 24 track recorder from MF, then a few weeks later I saw it advertised cheaper on a competitors website. I called MF to get the price-match guarantee thing, where they refund the difference. Not only did they do that, but the MF rep pointed out that the other store offered free shipping (I had to pay at MF) so they gave me the shipping costs back as well. Not to mention when I bought the recorder from MF, if came with a free condenser mic. :)

Wuchak

I like MF. Their main warehouse (it's also Guitar Center's) is here in Kansas City about 20 minutes from me. They used to have a store at the warehouse where they sold all the returns/damaged items. You could also fill out a pick sheet and they would go get anything you wanted out of the warehouse. It was great. Anything they had on the website I could just drive over and pick up. Sadly they started selling the returned/damaged items on their website and closed the store.

nrandall85

Same thing happened to me with a $40 expression pedal. I changed my mind about the one I wanted, and rather than having me send it back they just told me to keep it.

MKB

Silver Supporting Member
Got love for MF here as well. I got an order of strings and they sent the wrong gauge, they sent the correct ones right out and told me to keep the others.

I just ordered a powered PA speaker hours before one of their 10% off everything sales went into effect. Even though the brand that I bought was on the "no" list, and the rules of the sale said no previous sales were eligible, I emailed and asked nicely anyway. They refunded 10% to my card, no questions asked.

Also bought my LP Trad Plus as a "used" like new one, and it is one of the best guitars I have ever played. I love it when you get a guitar blind and you would have picked it out anyway.

They STOTD's aren't as good as they used to be, used to get screaming deals there, and they do pop up from time to time. I got a pile of nice boom mic stands for $10 each awhile back. They have a sense of humor too; the one today (6/11/11) is a Nady mic for $39, regular price is $15. :) Must be a typo.

Jeff Michael

UPDATE: The replacement picks arrived...and were mediums again. So now I have a gross of the wrong picks, and one more try at getting the right ones in the works.

It's getting to be like that hotel soap email!

JAM

EdMan57

I bought a BBE compressor at a STOTD price of $29.99 a couple of years back.While the pedal light lit,no sound came out.I called for a return and replacement,but the service rep said that I got the last one and that the pedal was a closeout model.The rep said to keep it and then refunded my money.Under the factory 5-year warranty,it now works just fine.I really have no complaints with MF.

Ed

I buy everything from either MF or American Musical. Im sure they are both owned by GC but I dont care.

I always get my stuff in a few days and its always been good. Ive bought guitars from both places too and 2 of them I use daily.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom