Analog Chorus, True Bypass, Quiet, Simple

PhuzzphayzZ

Just for the sake of this Thread can we exclude Julia (unless that IS TheAnswer), but, nothing more complex than her... probably prefer 2 knobs but 3-4 ok... I don't know if any Ibanez/Maxon are are TruBy... don't want to deal with old MXR yellow plug-in-the-wall... I just want a basic Chorus with all the modern utility benefits... I'm sure I know what TheAnswer is but... it's late

My current AnalogChorus is the Rocktron DreamStar DualChorus, which is cool, but right now I'm getting some noise, and the Footswitch pops just a little... I want guaranteed utility functioning blabla WITH that juicy 80s low-headroom syrup yum

Quiet working and quiet FSwitch muy importante...and TryBy

I've got many DigitalChorus

looking for a hidden gem deal

Did somebody say “simple”?

1A8C42BE-7E3E-4AC4-BABC-569C123311A3.jpeg

But you did say True Bypass, and this isn’t. Is that a dealbreaker? The buffers on the Waza stuff are really good. It’s not hidden, but it’s a gem.

bonga

Silver Supporting Member
If you're willing to spend more, I'd get the Analogman Bi-chorus. You can get it in stereo too.

Also, one side can work as a traditional thick analog chorus, while the other side can be a faux Leslie or even a vibe. Does the John Scofield thing really well.

Additionally, you can get either top or side jacks depending on your pedalboard real estate situation.

Sentionaut

Silver Supporting Member
Is the bi chorus based on a CE1 or something?

Not many clips of it around in stereo

am-audio

Just for the sake of this Thread can we exclude Julia (unless that IS TheAnswer), but, nothing more complex than her... probably prefer 2 knobs but 3-4 ok... I don't know if any Ibanez/Maxon are are TruBy... don't want to deal with old MXR yellow plug-in-the-wall... I just want a basic Chorus with all the modern utility benefits... I'm sure I know what TheAnswer is but... it's late

My current AnalogChorus is the Rocktron DreamStar DualChorus, which is cool, but right now I'm getting some noise, and the Footswitch pops just a little... I want guaranteed utility functioning blabla WITH that juicy 80s low-headroom syrup yum

Quiet working and quiet FSwitch muy importante...and TryBy

I've got many DigitalChorus

looking for a hidden gem deal
Maxon cs550 is what you seek. Just an extremely well executed and high quality analog chorus with panasonic chips done by some cats that have been doing those circuits forever. They're a bargain on the used market as well. The early models were buffered but the later models are true bypass, very easy to discern with a gut shot. They've got nice inverting stereo outs rather than wet dry too, only downside is the size but they're not that big. The cs550 and ad900 are both very much worth the real estate.

PhuzzphayzZ

i’m sorry

if you can’t find an ‘80s MIJ silver-screw Boss CS-2 … CMATmods Analog Chorus.

i’m sorry
peeps have now reminded me of the Providence and the CMATmods, which were the ones I had forgotten- should I add the VisualSound LiquidChorus also (and I suppose AMan)? These are the one that consistently come up.... prices DO fluctuate tho, haven't found any cheepcheep yet

I wonder WHAT WAS THE FIRST TRUE BYPASS CHORUS? One of the above maybe?

Trending Topics

Top Bottom