Analog chorus with true bypass, no tone suck, possibly analog dry-through?

skiltrip

Silver Supporting Member
Essentially I'm looking for something that sounds somewhat like a Boss CH-1, but true bypass, possibly analog dry-through, and no tone suck.
Don't want anything that applies an EQ shift to my core tone (tried the Julia, and it rolls off bass and bumps things a little at 1k.
Thanks!

lefort_1

Nuzzled Firmly Betwixt
Platinum Supporting Member
Check the specs on Jack Deville's new Analog Chorus.... flattest response specs I've seen in a BBD-based device.

Cheap? Well, hell no... but listen to the quality on videos by JLeonardJ and Andy.
EVERYONE who is demo'ing it ends up getting lost in the wacked-out potential, but when played straight up it is drop-dead gorgeous.

Also note : it has a LAG control, which gives the wet a user-defined temporal static offset, and the chorusing happens around that timeline. Hard to describe without a diagram. It makes for a really nice doubling' effect, if the videos are accurate.

jondom22

Silver Supporting Member
Moog MF chorus. Great sounding from traditional chorus to warbley to sci-fi LFO vibrato.

Jack DeVille

Check the specs on Jack Deville's new Analog Chorus.... flattest response specs I've seen in a BBD-based device.

Cheap? Well, hell no... but listen to the quality on videos by JLeonardJ and Andy.
EVERYONE who is demo'ing it ends up getting lost in the wacked-out potential, but when played straight up it is drop-dead gorgeous.

Also note : it has a LAG control, which gives the wet a user-defined temporal static offset, and the chorusing happens around that timeline. Hard to describe without a diagram. It makes for a really nice doubling' effect, if the videos are accurate.
Videos do not lie; it actually sound better in real life.

"Flat response" was a major part of design goal, although I prefer to think of it as "natural" or "organic" sounding (for those who like buzz-words). :)

Cheap it is not. :( I am equally bummed here, but it is not "cheap" to achieve what the unit achieves. :)

Also: the unit is true-bypass.

lefort_1

Nuzzled Firmly Betwixt
Platinum Supporting Member
Videos do not lie; it actually sound better in real life.

"Flat response" was a major part of design goal, although I prefer to think of it as "natural" or "organic" sounding (for those who like buzz-words). :)

Cheap it is not. :( I am equally bummed here, but it is not "cheap" to achieve what the unit achieves. :)

Also: the unit is true-bypass.
I'm setting aside 10-20 bucks a day, in hopes of picking one up before year-end.
Can't wait.

skiltrip

Silver Supporting Member
Considering ditching the analog qualification and looking at the JHS 3 Series Chorus. Having a vibrato on board is definitely a plus. I'm pretty sure there's no analog dry though possible here, it being digital, though correct me if I'm wrong. Wondering if there is any tonal shift on the core signal with this one.

JBassTeleGit

I would think that it is analog dry through in chorus mode. If it's digital, the vibrato mode won't (of course), but then it probably won't cause phase issues in a wet/dry rig any more than in chorus mode. Not all digital pedals digitize the whole signal. You could easily confirm that with an e-mail to JHS. I don't know why people ask here instead of just sending an e-mail to the company that makes the pedals.

Tonal shift can be very much prevalent in analog dry though pedals too, analog circuitry doesn't guarantee that there aren't "tonal shift". What analog dry through is good for is that it doesn't introduce latency.

Considering ditching the analog qualification and looking at the JHS 3 Series Chorus. Having a vibrato on board is definitely a plus. I'm pretty sure there's no analog dry though possible here, it being digital, though correct me if I'm wrong. Wondering if there is any tonal shift on the core signal with this one.

Trending Topics