Analog delay a la dm2

Smow09

I'm looking for a delay that sounds like the intro to aurora by foo fighters. I'm pretty sure Grohl was using a boss dm2. What kind of current production analog delays sound like this?

kiki_90291

The Aqua Puss is supposed to be based on the DM-2 - I'm not sure how accurate it is. If you are patient, you may be able to find a used DM-2 for not a whole lot more. I've seen them locally for $200 (although on ebay, they seem to be way up there these days). DM-3's - which either sound the same or radically different, depending on who you ask, can be had for less than $200 (I got mine off of ebay for $120).

ScottySevins

That retro sonic looks sweet but never understood the short long switch, I always thought a tap tempo would be a helluva lot more useful.

Belmont

That retro sonic looks sweet but never understood the short long switch, I always thought a tap tempo would be a helluva lot more useful.
I'm guessing on this, if the Retro sonic is analog, they'd probably have to incorporate a digital circuit to provide tap tempo
I've never heard of an analog delay with tap tempo, again, just a guess.

mcnabbanov

the retrosonic is by far your best choice. my favorite analog delay ever, it takes the great sound of the dm-2 and vastly improves it with much extended delay time that makes it usable for me, plus the tone knob is very useful and you realize that all delays should have this control.

agreed that a tap tempo would be more useful than the long/short but i just keep mine on long always and don't use that switch much.

the memory lane original is an analog delay with tap tempo. the analogman ardx 20 is too with the control pod thing. EHX dlx memory man with tap tempos too.

THiwaTT

I use the long/short switch on mine to do pitch suited repeats or to go into "spaceship" mode

some people use it to go between short snapback and slightly longer lead tones

GarMan

Silver Supporting Member
I've said this before. The TC Flashback in the Analog setting sounds a lot like a DM-2. Oh, and with longer delay settings...

Trending Topics