Analog delay pedal with presets

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by williamisthisit, Feb 12, 2015.

1. williamisthisit

williamisthisit Member

Hi,

Is there any analog delay pedal with presets?

2. Coldacre

Coldacre Supporting Member

3. rck

rck Supporting Member

4. dshobe

dshobe Rocky Mountain Way Silver Supporting Member

Diamond Memory Lane 2 has 2 different delays that are footswitch-able.

5. delay dude

delay dude Member

Analogman ARDX20 (with Amazeo)

6. rotlung

rotlung Member

BBE Two Timer, kinda.

7. Black_Label

Black_Label Member

Well, making presets would make it digital. So it would have to be a hybrid. But a lot of analog delays (like anything with tap tempo) is already a hybrid. You could get a pure analog delay with presets, but it would be huge and no one makes something like that.

8. lux_interior

lux_interior Member

No, a "hybrid" refers to a combination of sound-producing analog and digital technology in the signal path, not in the controllers. So in these cases you have a dry signal path with a digital wet path, either in the repeats-producing section or also in the tone-shaping one. But you have many cases of gear fully analog (that means both dry & wet) with digital controllers, for example most of today's Moog synths. And of course they include presets. Digital controllers enable all the great features of today's analog delays in pedal form as well - they remain fully analog & they are not hybrids. Presets is a step further, and one that we might see probably in rack form (and with a hefty price) sometime soon...

9. Ev O)))

Ev O))) Member

Although not allowing for the whole "300 banks in a rack that costs $$$$" type deal, Joel at Chase Bliss Audio utilises the whole digital control of a 100% analog circuit thing allowing for two presets on his current pedals.
    He's probably due for like 2 pedal releases this year. I doubt a delay would be this year but hey you never know.

But yeah. 2 presets on an analog delay maybe in the next few years from him. maybe.

10. jocfan1

jocfan1 Member

I think think the AM is the big winner for this. The AMAZE0 essentially expends it to 10 presets (9 on the AMAZE0, plus wherever you have the knobs on the other channel set). Downsides: space & power. It's a second unit that requires its own 9v power supply. I think it's worth it personally but others may not feel that way.

11. chrisjnyc

chrisjnyc Member

Yea, this has been around since 2010-2011, seems like someone would have copied this or made it a little smaller by now.

12. superdave2001

superdave2001 Supporting Member

Pigtronix Echolution 2 (and Deluxe) ?? Analog tone shaping with digital processing. Guess those fall in the "hybrid" category.

13. Tube Guy

Tube Guy Silver Supporting Member

I plan on using my Moogerfooger delay with a Molten Voltage Osmosis triggered by a GigRig G2. Pure Analog and one tiny extra pedal.

14. Frosted Glass

Frosted Glass Member

Midi program changes sent to a Moogerfooger are essentially presets.

15. JokeSmuggler

JokeSmuggler Member

+1 to all of this. Totally worth the little extra bit of space.

16. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

The Mooger Fooger M104 delays with Midi have a very robust implementation that allows you to set presets controlling all the parameters in the device including some that aren't available on the front panel (like stretching the delay out to 8X the maximum setting, or detuning the delays slightly for a deeper chorus effect). The signal path is pure analog, but the control is pure digital.

17. MoltenVoltage

MoltenVoltage Member

Groovy!

Actually you need to send batches of Control Changes and/or Note On commands to the MoogerFoogers to create "virtual" presets, which is exactly what Osmosis was designed to do.

.:. Bill

18. delay dude

delay dude Member

I would like to tap the delaytime and the modulation of a Moogerfooger MF104M with one switch and turn the modulation on and off (with another switch).
    Would the Osmosis do this for me? Or do I have to add the tempode? Or would something bigger (like the master control MV-58) fit my needs?

19. facon

facon Member

You can also use a Midi Solutions Event Processor to send midi batch CCs to a Moogerfooger. Or an ios device with Midi Designer.

20. MoltenVoltage

MoltenVoltage Member

The Moog MF-104M can sync both LFO and Delay time to MIDI Clock, and you can toggle the LFO MIDI Sync on and off with CC 108.

Osmosis needs some other MIDI controller to send it program changes, and it doesn't generate MIDI Clock, but it seamlessly passes it through while merging it with the additional data it generates. Osmosis can also selectively block MIDI Clock per program.

To do what you describe, our Master Control MV-58B (the version with side controllers), would be best, since it sends MIDI Clock and Program Changes. You could use one of the side controllers as your switch for the LFO. You'd do this by programming Osmosis to respond to the Master Control program change by sending out CC 108, 0 to disable the LFO, and another to send CC 108, 127 to enable the LFO.

Osmosis can send up to 5 program changes in response to an incoming one, but you can make it just send a single CC instead (in fact you can make it send up to 16 CC's and Note On's on separate channels in response to an incoming program change).

Osmosis is very simple to program, and you can quickly copy your virtual Moog presets from one memory location to another.

Please let me know if you have other questions.

.:. Bill