• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Analog Delay

Gabazz

I am building a smaller pedalboard for easy setup and transportation. I am looking for an analog delay (true analog not digital simulation). With the delay I am using a Dyna Comp, Tube Screamer, Distortion pedal and TC Corona Chorus. I would like a slightly brighter analog delay, thus, MXR Carbon Copy is too dark for my taste. Also, I would like something that is capable around 600ms of delay. Furthemore, I have space only for a small pedal. So an EHX Memory Man would not fit.

Pedals that I've looked at are: Duncan Vapo trail, EHX Memory Toy, Boss DM-2W.

I've looked at the Carbon Copy Bright. Sounds interesting but I do not think I can get one in my country.

PurpleJesus

Moderation is key
Staff member
Boss Waza, Maxon AD900 (550ms) or AD999 (900ms?) - may be a little big too. I like the Vapor Trail, you listed most of the good real BBD smaller enclosure options.

Who ships to Malta? Kinda in the middle of the sea there, no? :)

jw112

If I wanted a bright delay I would not go the analog route. Analog delays are noisy. and the only reason I put up with them is for the warmth in the repeats. There are so many great analog voiced digital delays that out perform on all levels. Now keep in mind this is coming from someone with a Delay pedal addiction who currently owns around 20 delays.

Kestrel

One of my musical acquaintances has a Seymour Duncan Vapor Trail, which I got to try out for a while last week. I'd been curious about the pedal for some time and after spending about 20 minutes just noodling around with it, was I was sold. Ordered one and should be receiving it sometime today. It is everything I wish the Carbon Copy was. The modulation is extremely useful in various settings and you don't have to mess with internal trimpots. Doesn't sound as dark and muddy as the Carbon Copy either. It simply sounds fantastic. I've owned the Carbon Copy, Malekko 616, and the EHX Memory Toy. Didn't really like the Memory Toy. The Malekko 616 is good, but the modulation has only one sweet spot to be useful to me. Still own the Carbon Copy v2, but given the choice I would I'd go with the Vapor Trail.

PurpleJesus

Moderation is key
Staff member
Digitech Obscura getting TONS of love right now. I know you want analog, but out of the digitals this one seems to be the "it" pedal right now. @la noise and @Teleman76 are both big fans and could probably tell you way more about it than I can.

IRG

Digitech Obscura getting TONS of love right now. I know you want analog, but out of the digitals this one seems to be the "it" pedal right now. @la noise and @Teleman76 are both big fans and could probably tell you way more about it than I can.
Just ordered one myself.

But I would check out the new Carbon Copy Bright from PGS, that is pretty nice sounding I have to admit.

BenGWU

Pedals that I've looked at are: Duncan Vapo trail, EHX Memory Toy, Boss DM-2W.
I haven't played the Memory Toy but have have played the Memory Boy and it's a good sounding delay, especially for the price. The boy is a little bit bigger but has a few more features, worth a look if you want the extra features and have the space

Gabazz

Yes We are in the middle of the sea but stores like Thomann do ship here, but locally there are stores selling Boss, MXR, Duncan, EHX and a couple of other brands. I believe that PGS ships to Malta but not that particular product the CC Bright.

I am not an analog freak. I like analog pedals but I like digital ones too. I use a digital chorus as this unit is sounds good fort the price and is really subtle. I use the chorus not as an effect but I use it more of a always on particularly on clean stuff. I've tried a couple of analog voiced digital delays but did not like them. I am used to the Boss DD-3 which is quite bright and works well form me but now I'm considering getting a smaller amp without effects loop and I do not like the DD-3 before the amp. I want a bright analog delay so it cuts through as the DD-3 does. Also, I would like to get the artifacts and noise of an analog delay and really experiment a bit.

I've actually tried both Memory Toy and Memory Boy a while ago. I prefered the Memory Toy but I cannot remember why as it has been a while now.

The Boss DM-2w I have not tried it out. I am not sure about it as most Boss pedals are either you really like it or you hate it.

Trending Topics