Analog.Man ARDX20

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by wingwalker, Dec 16, 2009.

1. wingwalker

wingwalker Fuzzy Guitars

I have owned and used Deluxe Memory Man delays over the years and like them a good bit. I am currently w/o one and am thinking about getting one again...before I do is it possible that the new AM ARDX20 Dual Analog Delay could replace a DMM???

I know that the AM delay does not have built in modulation but it has an effects loop and I have more than one spare chorus pedal at the moment so thats not really an issue for me!

What I am really curious about is the overall tone...DMM's tend to have slightly brighter (more real sounding) repeats than many (most) analog delay boxes...does the AM delay have brighter repeats like a DMM or are they dark and muffled like most other analog units??

I know I could check out UTOOB clips (and I have) but I don't really trust those types of things too much...plus there isn't one comparing it to a DMM so it's really hard to say what I am or am not hearing...

So...hit me!

2. martinsmith06

martinsmith06 Member

I just had both the DMM and the ARDX20 on my board the other day and after a-b'ing the two, I think that the AM doesn't really fall into the dark and muffled category. It still maintains definition, but it's got a warmth that the DMM lacks. As usual, my $.02 though :)

3. wingwalker

wingwalker Fuzzy Guitars

Thanks!

Of the 2, which has the brighter repeats??

4. dalandan

dalandan Member

i think the DMM has brighter repeats. but my experience is coming from mp3s and youtube.