Analog Man KoT....lol!!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Laroosco!, Dec 4, 2005.

1. Laroosco!

Laroosco! Member

I'm not laughing at the pedal, I've never heard one but I'm curious so I emailed Mike about the wait.

I just got my response and Mike tells me that they are backordered for 1 year and a half!!!:eek: That's nuts!!!

I'd love to hear one but it doesn't look like I'll have that chance for a while.

Good to see Mike is keeping busy.

2. Matt_Scogo

Matt_Scogo Senior Member

I'll trade you a CJOD for the KOT... hehehehe

3. CBeeper

CBeeper Supporting Member

I hate to spam it up but I have one that's on the block.:D

4. Laroosco!

Laroosco! Member

I'd buy it and give it a spin if I had the cash

5. CBeeper

CBeeper Supporting Member

Cash does seem to be short supply doesn't it? Hence the sale.;)

6. phoenix 7

phoenix 7 Silver Supporting Member

I've been on the list for a KoT for 6 months now. Only a year to go - woohoo!

7. leofenderbender

leofenderbender Supporting Member

Lucky!

8. todd richman

todd richman Senior Member

I do not mean any disrespect to Mike as he is one of the best and his stuff is all cool but to me the KOT is just another tweakable generic OD. I had one of the first 10(bought it from Mike at Philly Guitar Shoaw a few years back) and it was good but not as amp like and dynamic as I thought it would be. Then more recently I had a quick opportunity to hear it through my current Les Paul/Marshall Plexi rig and again it did not do much more than a typical OD. It does not have a TS mid hump so in that respect it is different. I also prefer non op-amp vintage boxes like fuzzes and Colorsound OD's with discrete transistors over chips. It is a well made and small size unit but for the wait time you would think it is the end all of OD's.

9. John II

John II Member

I own one and love it. It's my "go to" pedal for my 6L6 amps. I agree with Todd in that it can be percieved as generic in that it is pretty much a one trick pony. But it's voicing is where the magic lies. It adds presense/headroom and 3-D'ness similar to what the Klon does, but without the compression.

~John II

10. todd richman

todd richman Senior Member

I agree with King of Country! John II in that the KOT and let's face it most of the boutique OD's is that they go well and best with Fender and/or small wattage amps, especialy with 6L^ power sections. I am an old school tone fiend and love cranked loud 100 watt Marshalls and vinatge front end boosters from fuzz, treble boost, etc. Chocolate and vanilla everyone's own choice!

11. Cary Chilton

Cary Chilton Senior Member

If mike hired some ppl to help him put them out faster..... but I guess that would cut into the profit too much

12. John II

John II Member

Dig. :dude

~John II

13. mustangman

mustangman Member

same here man. i kind of forgot about it, untill now haha.

14. BrianB

BrianB Supporting Member

I think I'm at 8 months now :) I had one for a year and got on the list right after I sold it in hopes of the 5 knob version.

15. ryanspeer

ryanspeer Member

No offense even in the least to Mike or anyone else in the OD-manufacturing business, but I can't help but wonder just how many variations on the TS-808 schem can be made without killing a dead horse...

Maybe if I heard one in person and could compare it to other popular OD's (Fulldrive 2, Klon, etc.) I could hear a distinct difference, but otherwise I just can't help but wonder if these and others aren't basically a slightly modded [insert name of already-existing brand name pedal here] with different labels?

16. theelectic

theelectic Guest

As usual you have no clue. If Mike were only interested in profit, he'd say to hell with the list and put every single KOT he makes on eBay - the last few went for $400-500. Instead he's being a stand up guy fulfilling all the orders even though there's something better in the pipe (and yes, how do I know that - DUH I used the search!)

17. Tinman

Tinman Member

Is this a re-run of last week's King of Tone thread?