Analog Man Mini Chorus opinions ?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by zerorez, Jan 10, 2008.

1. zerorez

zerorez Member

I really like the idea of the compact footprint vs the regular or bi-chorus

Just wondering about the option of ordering from the website.

Normal or Fixed Deep (which is the better route to go on this choice)

Mix knob? is it really useful?

Here are the 2 main sounds I like

ROCK: looking to get the clean sound of Tony Iommi/Sabbath - Children Of The Sea from the Live 2007 H&H dvd.

BLUES: looking to get SRV's - Cold Shot sound (Leslie Simulator)

Thanks

2. C-Dawg

C-Dawg Member

I have the normal (no deep setting) with the optional exterior mix pot. I LOVE mine! The insides show great craftsmanship to get all of the guts inside the smaller box! I ordered it off buyanalogman.com and got it in probably a week to week and a half. I can't help you w/ those sounds you mentioned 'cus I'm not familiar w/ them, but for what I use my chorus for (I don't really try to emulate anyone else's sound) I think it sounds better than anything else I've heard out there (Granted, I haven't tried A LOT of choruses, just your garden variety types).

BTW, I'd say the mix pot is essential. It gives you a whole other dimension of tone shaping. Just my opinion...

3. nlopez

nlopez Silver Supporting Member Supporting Member

Totally agree with c-dawg on all he said.
    Get the mix option, too

4. macca

macca Member

I've not used the analogman chorus to try to get the chorus sounds you are looking for, but for what little it's worth, I prefer mine to my Red Witch and Retro-Sonic choruses.

Probably more important, if you get one, I too think the mix knob is essential

5. lifeinsong

lifeinsong Member

Love my Mini w/ mix knob, the mix knob makes it much more versatile...anything from a very subtle chorus to a trippy leslie simulation. Very cool pedal indeed.

6. zerorez

zerorez Member

Thanks everyone, It sounds like the regular chrous option on the mini is proably just fine instead of the fixed deep option (non switchable)

7. lifeinsong

lifeinsong Member

I don't think the Deep option is available on the Mini, only the standard size. Believe me, the Mini w/ mix is more than enough to cover your needs.

8. zerorez

zerorez Member

Thanks, On the AM website, the new one with the store option, thers is a check mark for the mini chorus, for a permenant fixed deep option no up charge.

The only issue is, you have to decide the regular or the deep on the mini.

Thats what kind of led me to post to see if any have choosen the deep option on the mini, or if you dont have a mini do you tend to favor the deep switch on the Regular or Bi-chorus

It would be cool if Analogman had a small toggle on the mini to choose between deep and regular, but I think the board size and pedal case proably prohibit that. I sure Mike proably has been asked to do this.

Thanks

9. 4styx

4styx Member

For the Dio era Sabbath,Boss CE-2.

10. lifeinsong

lifeinsong Member

You might want to email Mike about it...I wasn't aware of the Deep option for the Mini Clone. It might be that you can get it with the Deep option but not with the Deep option and the external Mix knob...check with him before you place your order.