Analog Man Mods

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by SlinkyMan, Sep 29, 2005.

1. SlinkyMan

SlinkyMan Member

It seems most people are quite happy with their Analog Man mods... just wondering what people generally thought of pedals such as BOSS SD-1 and TS-9 after they have been modded to TS808 specs? How do they compare to the RI 808's and originals?

Thanks, Matt

2. Texas_Blues

Texas_Blues Supporting Member

I have the Sd-1/808 and I ab/d it with the 808 RI and they sound alike. Also Ive heard that the RI 808 sounds exactly like the original, so your going to get a good deal from Mike.

3. eric-d

eric-d Member

I can vouch for that and about 10 other guys on here that were at the Houston Pedalfest.

4. Texas_Blues

Yea thats where I got it from, so if my Sd-1/808 sounds like the RI then it sounds like the original.

5. eric-d

eric-d Member

6. KingOfStomp

KingOfStomp Member

I think Mike's mods are the best tubescreamer mods out there. I have a TS9/808/Silver and it is a fabulous sounding pedal but a slightly different beast. From what I've heard the straight 808 mod is very accurate to the originals. I even read that Robert Keeley says if you want that sound the analog.man mod is the one to get, and he's no slouch at modding Tubescreamers himself.

7. codeorama

codeorama Member

I have the SD 1 turned into the TS9 and it's amazing. I've tried several reissues and they were not as transparent or warm sounding.

8. Ed Reed

Ed Reed Senior Member

TS9 Silver is a great pedal.

9. dividedsky

dividedsky Member

I'd go for the silver TS-9 over the brown. It's exactly like the description.

10. stratplusguy

stratplusguy Member

... I have both the ts9 and the sd1 brown modded boxes and they are incredible. I prefer the SD1. I usually use a pair of SD1s (analogman and indyguitarist). Mike's ODs are always very smooth. Not harsh at all.

Aaron

11. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

this may be a stupid question (like many of my others...) but, do any of you know if there is any mod that he does to a 808 ri???...also are there any mods for a Boss CE-5???...Thanks. Cheers.

Marko M.

12. Texas_Blues

The Tv mod which changes it to exact Vintage specs, and the sliver mod which makes it sound better.