Analog Man Sunface vs. London MJM

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by MGuts, Feb 21, 2009.

1. MGuts

MGuts Member

How do these two pedals compare? I just bought a Fulltone 70's and it's not really my thing I don't think. I think I would rather have a Germanium fuzz. Thanks.

2. ford

ford Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

bump because I am interested....

I think I'm pretty close to getting a London.. but I know there are LOTS of germanium fuzz pedals out there that people love.

rock

bford

3. FREELESSONSNOW

FREELESSONSNOW Senior Member

I have heard good things about the Fulltone 69' not as great reviews on the 70' and nothing but good things on the Analogman.

4. cbpickin

cbpickin Tweed Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

I have owned both and the Sunface cleans up better (the NKT275 version) and the London is a bit darker sounding with a little more gain too. I prefer the Sunface.

5. stillremains

stillremains Member

The London is a great fuzz. It cleans up very well. I like how you can dial in the fuzz and vol levels and not be to loud or to low like with other fuzz pedals I have.

[​IMG][/IMG]

6. smogfalls

smogfalls Member

I love my London Fuzz, had it 2 years now and it's the fuzz pedal I've owned the longest before selling! (usually something better comes along and replaces things but not with this one)

7. jrkoosh

jrkoosh Supporting Member

I have the big box one pictured above as well. Can anyone get "Time" solo's with this, or is it too woofy? I know most use SI's for that tune...

8. charmboy

charmboy Member

I get pretty close with my germ sunface into a treble booster to tighten it up. I use the analogman sunlion, which is a sunface and beano boost in one pedal. I think if you ran your London into a boost or overdrive to tame the 'woof' you could get into the ballpark.

9. jrkoosh

Cool- I will try Strat>London> Tim >Timefactor

Damn- that just looks good on paper!

10. charmboy

charmboy Member

Sure does! I think you'll be surprised at how close you can get with that setup.

11. smogfalls

smogfalls Member

It's true, I just tried it; Strat > London Fuzz > Timmy > Skreddy Echo, you can get real close to that "Time" sound.

12. jrkoosh

Cool- will try tonight. senor smog, care to share settings for Fuzz and Tim? I usually dime the London, and have most knobs on tim around noon. Same ballpark?

13. smogfalls

smogfalls Member

yep, pretty much. Fuzz maxed but guitar's volume rolled back a real tiny amount. Had the volume and gain on the Timmy at 11 o'clock ish, with the bass and treble around noon. This was all running into my Deluxe Reverb on the "normal" channel. Sounded really great.

14. Lolaviola

Lolaviola Supporting Member

My London got great "Are You Experienced" tones --wooly and farty in a good way, lots of sustain. I think that the Londons are tuned to high gain, and would compare to the Sunface "hi-gain" version. The London is a great bargain (same controls as the Sunface) but some may not dig how wild it gets, and prefer the tightness of the lower gain Sunface.