Analog Phasers That Do More

RevLoveShot

Silver Supporting Member
CBF6384F-FF41-4FAF-A7A4-7229DC1B324D.jpeg

ryanougrad

Mr . Black Twin Lazers for stereo phaser goodness. I too was considering the Grand Orbital but the phase switch for stereo field width on the Twin Lazers sold me.

Flatscan

Silver Supporting Member
Moog built the Moogerfooger phaser for years @tgp_noob.

It's amazing but not cheap or readily available. It is reasonably easy to use but also has a lot of deep functionality - especially if you have other Moogerfoogers.

VFE Enterprise or Tractor Beam (later version). Can switch between 2 and 4 stage phasing as well as a 3-stage fet univibe sound. You also get feedback control as well as a mix which goes into vibrato when turned up. Discontinued and hard to find but worth going for if one pops up somewhere.

PedalCrazyFool

Gold Supporting Member
My 2 favorite phasers right now are easily the MojoHandFX “Mister O,” followed closely by the Farm Pedals Fly Agaric. OUTSTANDING examples of the genre, with the Fly being almost unique within it…

Flatscan

Silver Supporting Member
The Fly is cool but way more subtle than I would have liked.

I sold it quickly.

KBN

Silver Supporting Member
Well, I bought a Seymour Duncan Polaron today. I think it should be rad. I'll have it next week.

MrFuzzTone

Sometimes simple is good. I have a Heptode phaser with 3 speeds that it ramps between.
Also have a Moogerfooger 103, MXR Phase 90's, Little Miss Sunshine, Mu-FX Phasor, Lillian and a lot of other usual suspects.

seiko

Is there any reason not to consider the Fender Lost Highway?

I love the Lost Highway personally. You can actually set it as a pretty good vibrato as well.

But then I like the EHX Bad Stone RI as well. Just need to run it directly after a good buffer (Eventide Rose in my case) to limit the popping switch.

Reactions: KBN

tgp_noob

Moog built the Moogerfooger phaser for years @tgp_noob.

It's amazing but not cheap or readily available. It is reasonably easy to use but also has a lot of deep functionality - especially if you have other Moogerfoogers.
yep but they don't anymore
they are nice - and do have the CV heritage - had, the LPF, the murf, the freqbox, the phaser over the years, never had the delay and really liked them

but alas
:(
moogerfoogers gone
moog guitar gone
moog lap steel waaaayy gone (funny even the moog staff was 'yeah, in hindsight it was more fitting of lapsteel than fretted' when I talked to em about it)

Last edited:

Flatscan

Silver Supporting Member
And they never made an MF-Phase.

That is a gear tragedy.

(It's a lot like Maestro not introducing a new phaser.)

Trending Topics

Top Bottom