Analogman appreciation thread

roquero

Bold Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
I think if you were to build a Mount Rushmore of independent pedal builders who have been around a long time, providing excellent service and quality pedals consistently at fair prices, it would include Mike Piera, David Barber, and Brian Mena.

Oddly enough, none of those three have much presence among the pedal pushers/influencers, yet they maintain a steady business and excellent reputation.

So much for the necessity of demos!

Magnets And Melodies

Silver Supporting Member
Analogman pedals are great. Mike is great. Quality, service and response and things are great from my experience.

Having said all that, the level of cult like status that AM has isn't warranted in my opinion. There are fuzzes and OD's I prefer over AM and more affordably so. Much of the price and hype is simply in the name and brand legacy. You will get a good quality product for sure, but IMO this stuff is not the pinnacle of the pedal world and the second hand inflated prices are not worth the price of entry for those new to AM. New prices from AM are more than reasonable though for sure.

I've had KOT's and they're good... but I always tell people, they aren't magic. You'll get a good dirt pedal but there's nothing mind blowing about it compared to others on the market. New prices are reasonable but used prices are just ridiculous.

I think AM and Mike deserve that rushmore statue because of their legacy and what they've done in the pedal world over the last few decades. He was doing it far before anyone called it boutique. Quality is great, service is great, products are good.

MIM#1

Mike complimented me on a gut shot of a pedal I built , which pretty much made signing up for The Gear Page a worthwhile experience and validated my pedal building endeavers, all in one simple friendly post.
The guys a legend!

pickleweed

Mikes cool, but this thread is whack.

This a just response to a thread where someone might have had a legitimate gripe with a AM. The level of slobbering on this board is gross.

Again, cool dude. Good pedals. Not infallible and certainly doesn’t need this level of worship.

Let’s stop being gross guys.

FennRx

Got on the list in 2014. A MLP member gave me his spot in line in March 2015 because he bought a KOT elsewhere. I bought the pedal. My spot came up a month later. I played it forward and gave another MLP member my spot to play it forward.

I got back on the list in December 2017 and my number was called this week. Analogman rejected my order because they thought I already bought two pedals, which never happened. Then they said I skirted the “rules” 7 years ago but I was welcome to get back on the list now and Amy promised in another 5-7 years she’d sell me a KOT and not pull this BS again.

Lol.

BearBryan

Silver Supporting Member
Uh oh.

5179601.jpg

Windup 43

Silver Supporting Member
That black mkIV is gorgeous! I’ve got a silver one, and it’s my most favorite fuzz. Right next to a high gain RCA sunface.
Thanks! Yeah, I have a bunch of Sunbenders but not a silver…I should probably add one to the pile :D The RCA’s are awesome…my favorite Ge Sunface is probably my gold leg 2N527, so good!

MIM#1

Mikes cool, but this thread is whack.

This a just response to a thread where someone might have had a legitimate gripe with a AM. The level of slobbering on this board is gross.

Again, cool dude. Good pedals. Not infallible and certainly doesn’t need this level of worship.

Let’s stop being gross guys.

Well, I can't afford his pedals and don't do waiting lists. Feel better? :console

killer blues

Honestly, every thread in which mike's name comes up turns into an Analogman appreciation thread. I'm tempted to ask does he need a dedicated for us to show our appreciation? The answer of course is yes, he absolutely does! Ive emailed them a few times over the years and a couple times Mike's personally responded to my stupid questions. Great dude making great products!
darn right. people not in the know need to be brought up to par about Mike's rep. I've been using his products since 95

Psychedaleic

Silver Supporting Member
not merely whack but I'd go far as to say whiggidy whiggidy whack!

For the one thing, in this all krossed up world, on which we all can agree is :

Mac Dad will make ya..
Daddy mac will make ya..

Thanks for trolling a positive appreciation thread.

Waxhead

Analogman is my absolute favorite builder, excellent quality all the way around. I could run with just their pedals on my board and be happy. Thank you @analogmike !!

Yes agree - AM is a class act.

His mod'ed Maxon OD-9 is still the best tube screamer I've heard and the Astrotone is still my fav fuzz pedal.
Bi-chorus still rates as one of the best ever chorus pedals imo

Trending Topics

Top Bottom