1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Analogman Bi-Chorus has arrived!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by zerorez, Jan 19, 2008.

1. zerorez

zerorez Supporting Member

One word to sum this baby up "Sweet"

Big props to Mike at AM!

I ordered this last Sunday from buyanalogman.com website, the pedal shipped Wed and arrived today.

I went with the Deep Switch option and Top Jacks, non stereo.

You guys were right on with your reviews, great, great sounding pedal.

For any of you wondering, the foot print size is not that big at all, its about the 1 1/2 mxr pedal size width and normal mxr box size depth.

If you can spare the room on the pedalboard, I would definitely go with the Bi-Chorus for the added flexibility.

I can A/B switch between a fast Leslie for SRV's Cold Shot sound to a nice Thick Chording sound.

The Unit is built like a tank and is also dead quite with the volume knob rolled off on the guitar.

Thanks
    Joe

2. Hello

Hello Member

Happy new pedal day!

3. zerorez

Yes indeed (LOL)

I see it is your 1st post here on TGP, welcome aboard "Hello" :BEER

Cheers!

4. lifeinsong

lifeinsong Member

Congrats on your Bi-Chorus...I felt the exact same way when I got my Mini Clone w/ mix knob. It's such a sweet sounding chorus and the faux-leslie tone is pretty killer as well. Enjoy!

5. claffman

claffman Member

I love mine! The deep switch is absolutely the way to go. I wish I'd ordered a Bi-C now. Oh well....

6. jrkoosh

jrkoosh Silver Supporting Member

you know, I have been dying for a chorus forever. I have been using my lovepedal vibe at low speeds for this, but there is some tone drop there. Do you think that you can get a vibe type of tone out of one of the presets here? I wouldn't want to keep both on my gig board

7. IRG

IRG Member

I've been eyeing this chorus pedal for a while now, thinking I might be satisfied enough with an Ibanez CS-9. I don't use chorus that much, but when I do use, I want it to sound great. I have a Small Clone now which can sound good, but only in a small range, and the added noise it can make is not really wanted either. So the Bi-chorus is intriguing.

8. zerorez

Yes, I think you could, if you want to pull off a song like Pink Floyd "Breath" the chorus will come pretty darn close IMO.

A Vibe is based more on a phaser circuit and gives a more watery and throbing sound.

I once read that Robin Trower's vibe went belly up on a tour in the 80's and he finished the rest of the tour using a Boss Chorus for his trademark songs like Bridge of Sighs.

9. jrkoosh

jrkoosh Silver Supporting Member

that's what I needed to hear. I just put some more of my unused stuff for sale
    (line 6 roto, Lovepedal vibe, old tubes) so I could justify the expense. If all else fails, there is the Chicken salad!