Analogman Buffer

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by UrbanHymns, Apr 20, 2015.

1. UrbanHymns

UrbanHymns Supporting Member

I'm curious to know who owns this and whether it's truly better vs. other buffers (as Analogman claims). I'm in need of a buffer at the beginning of my chain, as all 8 of the pedals on my board are true-bypass. Until now, I've had a JHS-modded Ernie Ball Volume pedal, but I don't ever use it, except for its buffer. So I figure I could save some board space and buy a dedicated buffer.

http://www.buyanalogman.com/Analog_Man_Buffer_Pedal_p/am-buffer.htm

2. hipfan

hipfan Member

I have the Analogman buffer with an always-on tuner out and mute switch. Works great, but I don't know that it's "better" than others. No pixie dust or anything like that. Solid buy-and-forget kind of pedal.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
  3. rawpower

rawpower Member

I found it better than my tu-2 in one very noticeable way, my tu-s wrecked the sound of my treble booster into a drive pedal when the tu-2 was placed between them, the analogman buffer doesn't mess with anything it just works perfectly. I would try and describe it better but it has been a couple years since i have had to think about buffers.

4. hipfan

hipfan Member

I should have mentioned that I was coming from a Lehle Sunday Driver, which also is a very highly regarded buffer. Stupidly sold it. My opinion is skewed accordingly.