Analogman Chorus and Small clone RI

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by skeets1640, Feb 29, 2012.

1. skeets1640

skeets1640 Member

Is there much difference between these two pedals sound wise? Isn't the Analogman Chorus basically the same circuitry as the Small Clone? Has anyone played them side by side? The only difference I would think is that the Analogman has the adjustable Depth knob where the Small Clone just has the Switch. Very interested in others thoughts, I have searched this topic and can't seem to find any good info.

2. analogmike

analogmike Gold Supporting Member

Yes the circuits are very similar and a Small Clone sounds great. But we have tuned it a lot over the last 15 years to make the basic sound stronger and better, (original had some volume loss, noticeable with true bypass) plus adding numerous standard (depth knob) and optional features (toggle, stereo, mix, Bi-Chorus, etc). We also use a better pot taper for the SPEED pot for dialing in the speed more easily.

Hope that helps!

3. skeets1640

skeets1640 Member

Thanks Mike much appreciated as always. Cheers!

4. therealzeke

therealzeke Member

I had a Small Clone for absolutely ages and the AM Bi-Chorus for a few years and I now use the Bi-Chorus exclusively. The chorusing seems a have bit more 'shimmer' (sorry if that word doesn't mean much!) Plus the ability to have to separate settings to use on the fly (bi-chorus only) coupled with the depth toggle (I would def recommend this) adds a lot of variation to the different chorus sounds you can get.