• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

Analogman DD3 Delay Mods - Are they worth it?

radcliff

I would like to mod my DD3 for a nice warm delay tone.....I've seen mods online that I could do myself, but should I just send the pedal in?

Is what they do worth the dough?

Is there someone else who's mod IS worth the dough?

Looking for the best DD3 mods, in summary.

Thank you

Last Nerve

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.
Gold Supporting Member
I loved what it did for mine.
The more subtle of the two hi-cuts just made a sterile tone come to life.
Mike and the guys are top-notch, with a quick turnaround as well.
Keeley's has the loop, but that's nothing I was ever after.

blackout_kyle

I want a DD-6 with the high-cut mods, the effects loops from Keeley and the expression pedal jack from Analogman to ramp up the feedback. I have a feeling that might be too much...

Hamer95USA

Hey radcliff,

I got the Analogman DD-2 Hi-Cut mod installed on my old Boss MIJ DD-2 pedal. It's well worth it if you want the cool darker, analog tones in the left & right position with the stock digital delay sound in the middle position.

Guitar George

Creamy

Check out Keeley's mod.
In addition to the two high-cut mods you will also get an effects loop!
Very nice workmanship as well.

jlagrassa

Silver Supporting Member
I have the Boss DD-3 with the Analogman Hi Cut mod and it works great with that pedal, I use the darkest position which sounds great with lots of gain it also removes any harshness the pedal has on the trails when driving it to hard...I lucked out and bought the DD-3 already modded for $100 here on the forum!

soundbee

Platinum Supporting Member
can some one explain why I would want a loop on a delay pedal?

If it's to switch multiple pedals on/off then just get a looper or controller (GCX)

- what am I missing here?

jbert58

Silver Supporting Member
The loop allows you to put an effect (or more than one) on the repeats only - like chorus or flange. Can sound pretty cool if you do it right, but not something I would need.

Wooley

My Analogman DD3 ended my delay search until he came out with his new dealy a couple years later. I mean seriously, for two and a half years I did not even think about delays, and I get pretty bad GAS.

phoenix 7

Glad to hear people like their Analogman DD-3's. I've got a stock DD-3 on my back-up board and I can't stand how "pingy" it sounds. I'll probably send it into Mike now for the mod.

Trending Topics