Analogman Dod 308 ?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Kapo_Polenton, Jun 20, 2008.

1. Kapo_Polenton

Kapo_Polenton Member

Ok, all these recent "boost my plexi" threads and some playing around at home with my various pedals has inspired me once again to try one last boost. I am stuck between RC booster and Dod 308 modded. What can you tell me about the DOD? I know Cary Chilton digs it.. i want to know about colouring, whether or not it really is flat, and if it can do other stuff besides Malmsteen. I'm not going to be playing with HS-3's. I set my plexi on anywhere from 6-8, its a NMV and I am going to be putting in a Bill Lawrence L500-L in the bridge and might run my GFS lil Killer in the neck for a while. Right now I have an Area58 in the neck and JB in the bridge. The stuff I play can range from Warren Demartini - Jake E Lee stuff to Cult and AC DC type stuff. I like my amp's tone, I just want more of it. For leads, I want to be able to dial in a bit more oomph for sustain and chunk. will this modded DOD do the trick?

Soo far I've tried:

SD-1, BB preamp, BD-2, modded my BD-2 but fried something and can't be bothered troubleshooting it, GE-7,bad monkey (current fav but want more drive for leads and it alters tone) , crunchbox.

2. Kapo_Polenton

Kapo_Polenton Member

3. 4styx

4styx Member

If the Bad Monkey didn;t have enough drive,I doubt the DOD will be enough.Crunchbox?

4. bandofthieves™

bandofthieves™ Member

What Plexi are you running? What cabs and guitar??

5. Kapo_Polenton

Kapo_Polenton Member

The bad monkey has plenty of gain.. i just want it more natural and less of a departure from the sound of my amp. The speakers are greenbacksand g12h30 in a 4 x 12, right now its an alder strat with a JB in the bridge. Plexi is 69 specs 50 watter NMV clone i built.

I have the crunchbox, it is **** through NMV amps.

6. ekimtoria

ekimtoria Member

Maybe try the Xotic AC Booster. The newer version that's been out a couple of years now. Does the subtle to hairy boost on an already cookin' amp really well with nice transparency.

7. ungarn

ungarn Member

Hmmm...Jake tones...that would be something like a Boss OD-1 driving a Marshall...

Also check into a Vodka Mods Longhorn DS-1 or Monte Allums Tri-gain DS-1...