Analogman hig cut modded Boss DD-2

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by lv, Feb 25, 2008.

1. lv

lv Supporting Member

Anyone have one care to comment?

Thanks

2. bionic

bionic Member

I love mine as I keep the digital setting (mini switch in the middle) for extreme noisy delay or swell stuff and use the analogue hi cut for solos for a warm delay. The trails get muddier with each pass which gives it the "warm" feel. The hi cut really does simulate analogue delay and will decrease your delay time by almost half. I don't really use the the non hi cut analogue setting as the delays get distracting and sound a bit too hi fi

3. riker4208

riker4208 Member

Man LV....I'd be worried about sending away my dd2 as I love the sound already. Why mess with success?

4. lv

lv Supporting Member

Riker,

I love the sound when playing clean, but when running it in the loop with overdrive the repeats can be too bright. As I understand it, the Analogman mod has a 3 position switch so you don't lose the original tone.

Despite being 'old' technology, the Boss is still quieter than every modern delay I have tried.

5. OOG

OOG Member

this is where the Deep Blue excels when run in line
    have you tried it?

6. lv

lv Supporting Member

I did, but only through the input of the amp as I did not have an amp with a loop. Maybe I will try it again, but I remember the repeats being a little fuzzy...your thoughts?

7. OOG

OOG Member

sound warm and tapey to me

but then, my ears are a lot older than yours

8. lv

lv Supporting Member

Juts found out for an extra $10, Analogman will do a continuously variable potentionmeter instead of a switch....I am going to order that, will report back and do some clips. Hoping between this and a bjf sbeq I can get some poor man's cornish tones happening....

9. otherone

otherone Supporting Member

I have a DD2 with the analogman mod...makes a great pedal even better. You can always leave the toggle in the middle which is the stock DD2 setting, but with the first level of hi-cut, it's the Perfect delay...the perfect compromise of digital and analog.