1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Analogman King Of Tone (Demo)

Discussion in 'Reviews of Pedals and Effects' started by Jbruns, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Jbruns

Jbruns Member

Analogman King Of Tone one of the most versatile and best sounding Overdrives on the market. It´s perfect for classic rock and blues. I hope you enjoy this review!

EdBah, teleman1, mindcrypt6 and 9 others like this.
  2. stonecabin

stonecabin Member

3. Dirtystranger

Dirtystranger Supporting Member

4. plextasy

plextasy Member

Nice job! I'm going on 14 months..

5. Fuzzin' Azn'

Fuzzin' Azn' Member

Wanted a KOT for quite a while now, but they've got quite the price tag on them. Hopefully, I'll snatch one soon :D

Great video and sound quality!

6. ToneKing

ToneKing Member

great pedal. I love mine, it is a keeper of the highest quality.

7. steve39stripes

steve39stripes 39 Stripes

Mine never leaves my board. High gain both sides and thanks to Mike has 3-way toggle added to the top for the right side like the Prince of Tone. If you are ordering a new I recommend getting the switch added. It makes on the fly changes much easier.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  8. screamingduck

screamingduck Member

Big Analogman fan here! I have his MiniBiComp which I later had modded to add his Ryck mode (great dual compressor), a Sam Ash Fuzzz Box which Mike modded to Astrotone specs and the outstanding King of Tone which I have set the same as yours with Yellow side set to slightly dirty boost and Red side set to Overdrive, most excellent! The beauty of the KOT is that it sounds great at bedroom levels and it sounds incredible at stage volume, it really shines then and I simply cannot describe the joy I feel when I have my old blackface Super Reverb set around four at amp volume and the KOT pushing the amp into sonic bliss, Mikey likes it! :banana

9. Wannasoundbetta

Wannasoundbetta Member

Wow. I have a 65 Deluxe RI, and this demo makes me want a KoT so much! I just plays so nice with the amp, even on the bright channel, at all settings.

I never saw anyone use input 2 on the Deluxe, i.e. the 'padded' one. To me that just saps tonal response, rather than just padding a few dB. Sounded great here tho.