AnalogMan King of Tone - Gain Question.

twoeyedrob

Basically I was just wanting to know everyone's preference and why - regular gain for both sides VS high gain red side VS high gain both sides?

Thanks in advance. Really interested in hearing everyone's opinions on which is best.

dwolfggc

I have regular gain on both sides and IMO, if you need more gain than both sides stacked than you're looking for a distortion pedal not a an OD pedal. With both sides set to fairly high gain and both engaged its (to my ears anyway) about AC/DC level gain. However, I also have a hard time seeing anybody using anything below noon on the gain knob. even if you're using it as a clean boost it sounds better and has more volume with the gain up a little.

zztomato

I've had a few KOTs and have always had regular gain. I think the pedal is at its best with regular gain. I usually used the red side and had the gain anywhere from noon to 3. I think if you do a search there are plenty of threads on the comparison subject.

Hulakatt

Has done terrible things for a klondike bar
Gold Supporting Member
When you first start using a KoT it doesn't seem to have much gain but as I played it live , I found myself backing off the gain a bit more and more. It's deceptive because there isn't much compression and we're very used to gain and compression going hand in hand.

redbeardrob

I had a regular, now I have high gain red. I like it. I hear the high gain yellow is pretty nice, but I don't think I woul really use it much personally.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom