• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Analogman King of Tone on bass?

slave

Title says it all.

Things is, I play with flats and dowtune, so the low end is pretty important to me.
Anyone tried one?
Thoughts?

olejason

I had a Prince of Tone and thought it sucked on bass. Anemic sounding and it dropped lows. Great pedal on guitar but just didn't cut the mustard for me on bass. You might like the Idiotbox Blower Box... it can do great subtle drive sounds and can melt faces at high gain settings. It is based on the Rat.

ultradust

The Blower Box is excellent for the sheer range of drive it has.

I'll also say it until I'm blue in the face...Prescription Electronics Depth Charge is the fuzz for those who want solid low end retention (either clean or driven) with out blowing things up in the subs like a Muff. Keep the blend knob hovering around 12:00 (I keep mine nice and "mild" around 9:00) and you've got a huge palate of tones to work with. Not mine, but this user gets the point across very nicely:

Last edited:

Trending Topics