Analogman KOTv4!!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by leumasjames, Oct 21, 2008.

1. leumasjames

leumasjames Member

I just got my KOT v4 and I gotta say that it is very good! It reminds me of my old Cochrane Tim pedal. Anyone compare the KOT with the Tim/Timmy??? I was going to purchase a Timmy because I didn't use the loop and the TIM was a little to big, but now I am reconsidering. I think the KOT covers the same ground. It doesn't color your tone like most pedals. Any comments???

2. telefuzzfreak

telefuzzfreak Member

I heard the KoT was a glorified Bluesbreaker clone.

3. this1smyne

this1smyne Member

KoT and TIM are different, but match up well together. i had them on the same board for a while before someone made me an offer on teh KoT. Very complimentary (I had teh TIM set cleaner and teh KoT set to OD and DisT).

4. kurtlives

kurtlives Guest

It is but with a few little changes that make it so much better than a stock Blues Breaker.

Anyways when you cascade two, nicely built, modded Blues Breakers it sounds great. Doesn't really matter what the design is based on.

5. Last Nerve

Last Nerve Supporting Member

6. Rock72

Rock72 Member

I have both the KOT as well as the Timmy on my board. Though they are similar in some respect, I do find them different enough to warrant both (IMO). The timmy is IMO a tad grainier than the KOT, but both are still very transparent.

So have you tried one then?

7. telefuzzfreak

telefuzzfreak Member

No. I have never tried a Bluesbreaker or a KoT. I was just stating what I've heard a few people say. Not that it's a bad thing....I mean....everything is based on something else anyway.

I've never heard any Kot or BB pedal clips that have made me say "Gee...I gotta have one of those."

I'd rather stick with my OCD or a good fuzz box.....but that's just me.

8. Rock72

Rock72 Member

I think that the KOT is a might fine pedal. Also, when you consider what you get for the money, it just adds up. Great craftmanship, great sounds, great tweakability (including the internal switches), and a pedal that works well with basically all amps, and it doesn't impose itself on the amp, it becomes a "part of the guitar and amp" in a natural way. And it is two pedals in one. The builder is also a super serviceminded individual who always responds to any question you would have.

Didn't mean to sound negative to your comment.

On another note, I wish someone would come up with a quality clone of the original Marshall Gov'nr (not #2). I love the sound, but it is a bit noisy, and it doesn't respond to much to the tone controls. But a great sound.

Well, back to the KOT

9. bandofthieves™

bandofthieves™ Member

And a Marshall and Mesa and Rivera are a Glorified Fender and a PRS is a Glorified Gibson.;)