Analogman Mini Chorus

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Ed Reed, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Ed Reed

Ed Reed Senior Member

I recently picked one up. Man, I like it a lot. I think it sounds better than the full sized chorus too (I have both). It also does the leslie thing very well, maybe as good as a SCH-1 Arion. This one pedal covers more chorus ground than any other I've ever had. It's not going anywhere.

2. -DC/AC-

-DC/AC- Member

Do feel that the current depth setting (as in without the depth switch) is versatile enough?

I've been GASing for one for a long time, and I was looking at the full size one, but now my space is limited so I might go with the mini version.

3. hbentley

hbentley Member

glad you like it Ed!

4. Ed Reed

Ed Reed Senior Member

Yes I do, for me this could be a one size fits all covering both lush slow and leslie settings both. I'm likin it!

5. Ed Reed

Ed Reed Senior Member

me too. ;)

6. jb1911

jb1911 Member

I've got them both too and I also think the little guy sounds better. I always had the switch on my big one set in the middle anyway so the switch is something I don't really need.

7. geetarman

geetarman Member

Am I missing something I thought the mini chorus was suppose to be the same as the larger unit or is it just a case of different components to fit on the smaller board. Maybe Mike will chime in and explain why that is.

8. JZG

JZG Member

I've been eyeing one of these too. Looking for something to thicken up my clean tone. Glad to hear it does the faux-Leslie thing too.

9. Sandro

Sandro Member

10. stark

stark Supporting Member

I have a mini, and it sounds way better than the big AM one. Don't know why. Also it sounds just like an SCH-1 or the other way around.

Adam Stark

11. analogmike

analogmike Gold Supporting Member

wow that is weird, we build all the boards at the same time and they all go in the mini, std, or bichorus. Can't think of why they would sound different, the wire lengths and case are the only differences. I will listen to some and check them out next week though as I want to make sure they all sound the same.

12. zygoat

zygoat Supporting Member

13. stark

stark Supporting Member

Are the pots the same? I tried the large stereo against the mini and it had less bass before the mod got out of tune. Depth has to be up to get a good bass response.
    Adam Stark

14. Ed Reed

Ed Reed Senior Member

My large is an older mono without the deep switch. I'd say the same thing as Stark, my large has less bass.

15. Waxhead

Waxhead Member

Surfin at Merewether Point, NSW Australia
    +1
    I've got the Mini and totally agree. It's also cheaper and small on the pedal board

16. goldenboy

goldenboy Member

I have on of the regular size ones and I like it much much better than the newer Boss one had been using. But the old Arion is well regarded huh? Hmmm...

17. Mullenski

Mullenski Gold Supporting Member

Try it with the speed all the way down and depth all the way up. Very cool with and without drive.

18. Brett Valentine

Brett Valentine Member

My mini is now on semi permanent duty as a fast Leslie in a loop with an MI Audio Blue Boy Deluxe to give me that overdriven Leslie sound.

19. geetarman

geetarman Member

Mike, What are your conclusions on the mini vs regular chorus sound difference?

20. jb1911

jb1911 Member

I had the standard chorus with the 3 way deep switch, maybe that made a difference. The reason I sold it and got the Mini is because I wanted to save board space and I always had the switch in the normal position anyway.