Analogman Prince of Tone

cajone5

Some guy
The POT looks like a cool pedal and it's cool to see Mike is making them overseas to keep them cheaper but wasn't this supposed to be readily available by now? What's with the continued trickle release of a few pedals each week? I can't imagine he's really receiving just a few at a time with a dedicated force working on them and the cost of overseas shipping... :huh:

Bman20

Silver Supporting Member
just to check back, been using my POT for a few weeks now and absolutely love it. Truly one of the best drives ive used yet.

Madison

Great OD, both Kot and Pot. I've been revolving a bunch of OD's in and out of the house and the Pot it still here.

analogmike

Vendor
I can't predict demand, I didn't think they would sell so fast. But it's pretty readily available now, last week's Wednesday batch lasted a few days and I think this one will last at least as long. Thanks for your patience!

cajone5

Some guy
I can't predict demand, I didn't think they would sell so fast. But it's pretty readily available now, last week's Wednesday batch lasted a few days and I think this one will last at least as long. Thanks for your patience!

Cool -- just seemed strange is all as I've checked a couple times recently with no luck but I guess I should be trying to focus more on Wed/Thurs. I just checked this AM and they were out again, that's why I asked as I thought the intent was to have it as an "in stock" product within a few weeks of its release and it's been out a while now so I figured it'd be stocked consistently. Anyway, it is what it is, thanks for the update.

I had one of the first batch and at the time had a KOT. I spent a good amount of time a/b'ing them and to my ear the POT has a tiny bit more presence to it that I actually liked. The KOT was a hair darker to me. But I loved them both. Since I already had a KOT and I had waited so damn long to get it I decided to let the POT go. Flash forward I started using a Vox Handwired AC15 which has master volume and therefore was not using the KOT at all, just amp drive and an EP boost so I eventually sold the KOT, which in hindsight I wish I had not done. Now I'm back to playing my trusty Princeton and just ordered a POT as a KOT can be a year of waiting.

Moral of the story, it's a great pedal and I should have held onto it and now am back with my tail between my legs. And trust me when I tell you I've tested just about every OD I can get my hands on, but there is something special about the POT and the KOT. Just have to give it a little time to find the sweet spot with your pick ups and amp.

PANDAPANDELO

I'm trying to find a use for both of them together: KOT and Morning Glory.

Morning Glory shines as a clean boost (just to add hair to the tone).

The KOT is an AWESOME overdrive.

My Solo Boost is a TS808HW.

But the KOT have two sides... and that's why I'm thinking if it's not overkill the KOT and the MG. Maybe, if I use the KOT as a clean boost, I could kick the MG out of my board. But I like it sooo much :/

My option could be, maybe, use the both sides of the KOT as overdrives, and stack one into te other, for higher gain sounds. IDK...

mysterious1s

Very cool pedal but I haven't had mine long enough to really figure out everything that it has to offer. Sounds great with my DGT into a DRRI, but have not found the sweet spot yet for my Strat into DRRI. Need to spend more time with it and investigate the internal dip switches and trim pot. It is very versatile for sure.

slap_back05

The Prince is nice, and if you only use one side of the KoT it's perfect. I found that there were multiple settings I liked, and wanted to stack them so I eventually upgraded to the King. You will most definitely be happy with the sounds you can get out of it.

Voxguy76

Bumping this thread to avoid creating another.... I seem to recall a thread with info regarding reaching the top of the wait list for the KOT and being able to order a POT instead of a KOT. Any truth to this or just my imagination?

indyrunner03

The KOT waitlist does not require you to buy a KOT from AM once your at the top of the list. And, you can buy a POT at any point you like. So, if you got to the top of the list and decided to buy a POT instead of a KOT (while it would have been a waste of time) there's nothing stopping you.

slopeshoulder

I bought it. I know nothing about it. What should I expect.

REALLY????????? I will never understand these threads.

Short answer: you should expect an Analogman Prince of Tone. If you receive anything else, complain.

Side topic: I just ordered a pizza. What should I expect?

Voxguy76

I bought it. I know nothing about it. What should I expect.

REALLY????????? I will never understand these threads.

Short answer: you should expect an Analogman Prince of Tone. If you receive anything else, complain.

Side topic: I just ordered a pizza. What should I expect?

Lol couldn't agree more.

Voxguy76

The KOT waitlist does not require you to buy a KOT from AM once your at the top of the list. And, you can buy a POT at any point you like. So, if you got to the top of the list and decided to buy a POT instead of a KOT (while it would have been a waste of time) there's nothing stopping you.

The reason I asked is because the POT seem to be in short supply, with only a few being released for sale a week.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom