Analogman silver Maxon OD9

Discussion in 'Gear Demo Videos & Sound Clips Archive' started by roknfnrol, Feb 12, 2012.

1. roknfnrol

roknfnrol Silver Supporting Member

Nash Tele
    R8 Les Paul
    Dr. Z Remedy

2. Tonatic

Tonatic Supporting Member

Love it! Always love your playing... I've been looking at these...

How's it stack up against some of your other pedals? I thought you had an FD2 (which I love, but its too big for me to leave on my board all the time)? Did you send your OD9 in (i.e. did you try it stock before)? Have you heard just the classic mod? Just wondering how all three sound (stock, classic, silver), yes I have read the analogman site :). TB on the OD9 is stock, which is pretty sweet. Has the foot switch been hard to engage (4pdt on OD9 vs FET on TS9)? Looks pretty simple. Have you had any buffer/tb issues with pedals that follow? I had an Eternity that was nice but I got tired of signal chain challenges and sold it as a result.

3. roknfnrol

I purchased this pedal used, so I'm not sure how the stock one sounds. I also typically don't use more than 3 pedals at once, so I haven't experienced any signal loss. The footswitch seems to work just fine on this true bypass version. It doesn't sound as thick as the FDII, but it also doesn't sound as intrusive as the FDII if that makes sense.
    Thanks!

4. Tonatic

Tonatic Supporting Member

Have you compared this to the KOT or bluesbreaker type of circuit? I love my KOT, and it compresses slightly, but its not an TS type of circuit. The silver-modded OD9 should be a refined TS due do its tweak on mids and clarity, so I like that it's less intrusive. I don't use my FD2 as much as my KOT, because sometimes its character is a bit strong for my liking. I'd love to hear a silver modded TS and a KOT stacked. A Timmy is almost too transparent, even with its symmetric/asymmetric clipping options (which cause it to compress a bit more). I'm thinking the OD9 silver might fit the bill. Maybe I should just ask Mike...

5. roknfnrol

It's a bit different than the KOT. It's very smooth but not as open as the KOT. Still a TS, just more usable overall.

6. redshark1105

redshark1105 Member

The diference between the silver mod and the stock OD9 is clarity, more string definition. I'm the original owner of this pedal. Bought it brand new and sent it to Mike for the silver mod. Roknfnrol as always makes a killer demo!!!