Analogman silver/tv mod TS808 vs. keeley 808

EXP

Supporting Member
im looking for a clean/clear OD with clarity but also with sustain. im considering the AM siver mod TS808. has anybody tried the Analogman silver or ' true vintage ' mod TS808 ? has anybody done an a/b comparison between the Analogman and the Keeley?

gururyan

maybe I can make some.

I have to find my recording gear, it' still packed up from the move into the new house.

Ed Reed

I have both, the Keeley has more low end and maybe a little more gain on tap. The Silver has less mid hump and the low end is tighter. They are both very good, I like the Silver the most. I haven't heard the True Vintage though.

Thor

I really like my TS9 AM silver-mod - an inexpensive alternative to a KLON! :D

EXP

Supporting Member
i have an Eternity, do i really need a TS808 silver mod for clean boost?

Priestunes

I had Keeley un-mod my Silver and re-do it his way. I'm much happier. It sounded like my signal was being split on a mixing board--one clean, one OD--and brought together again. Couldn't get into the "transparency" effect. It sounded okay, but it sounds better now.
;)

EXP

Supporting Member
yeah, but im going for cleaner/clearer with clarity, and i thought the silver mod would better suit my needs.

Priestunes

Originally posted by StevieRaveOn68
yeah, but im going for cleaner/clearer with clarity, and i thought the silver mod would better suit my needs.
Sounds like you've found the one!

dmbandtimmy

I went with the Keeley and couldn't be happier! I purchased the TS9DX after talking with him about what I was after. I have to say that I am always torn between the last mode and the 1st which is the regular TS9. Also you might want to check this link out, this helped me make my decision

http://www.robertkeeley.com/audiokt88/tonecap.html

I too wast thinking about getting analogmans mod, but after talking with Robert (amazing service!) and wanting the most bang for my buck I went with the TS9DX. I haven't dealt with A man, but I hear his customer service and mods are also top notch so I don't think you can go wrong. I would encourage you, however, to check out Keeleys TS9DX though. :dude

Trending Topics