Analogman Sunface club

twisty571

Silver Supporting Member
Anyone have experience with the new Clean knobs?
Are there new ones or are we talking the same one, I just think most just opt not to get it. I haven't got to really play mine, had a power jack issue which AM took care of & mine is in my mailbox as we speak for pick up. I had a no option GE LG & liked it so much I decided to order the works on this one.

SonicTonic Seeker

Silver Supporting Member
Are there new ones or are we talking the same one, I just think most just opt not to get it. I haven't got to really play mine, had a power jack issue which AM took care of & mine is in my mailbox as we speak for pick up. I had a no option GE LG & liked it so much I decided to order the works on this one.
I don't think I saw that option b4 Fall of last year.

Tiny Montgomery

Silver Supporting Member
Purely because they use transistors analogman doesn't have anymore
Not “purely.” Some of them have transistors that are still available, and I guess they don’t expect people to look the new price up.

There’s also rich people who don’t want to wait a couple weeks, so they’re capitalizing on them, too.

Kevdes93

Not “purely.” Some of them have transistors that are still available, and I guess they don’t expect people to look the new price up.

There’s also rich people who don’t want to wait a couple weeks, so they’re capitalizing on them, too.
That's true, I've bought things for more than new just because I didn't want to wait. Similar to sola sound stuff being sold for 800-1000$ when Macaris often has them in stock

twisty571

Silver Supporting Member
Anyone have experience with the new Clean knobs?
Ok now that I can play it some the clean knob option is awesome! Max out fuzz and clean and it's a wall of fuzz, back off the clean a little and perfecto, no having to take the back off to adjust, that and the volume knob on the guitar. Or you can back the clean off more for an even lighter fuzz. Very cool!

cuseman731

Silver Supporting Member
Hoping my unmarked 2n will ship soon! Coming up on six weeks. For anyone that received yours recently, when did you order?

Kevdes93

I was about to order direct but when I saw exactly what I was going to order (stock 2n with sundial) pop up on reverb for a normal price I jumped on it, patience isn't my strong suit

John Mark Painter

Silver Supporting Member
My BART has arrived. I bought it as kind of a blind purchase as I have never played fuzz and generally do not like the heavier fuzz sounds. Something just felt right about getting this specific pedal though and I can honestly say my mind is blown.

Im really into lower gain, very dynamic cleaned up OD sounds, but most overdrives these days seem too....sterile?...not sure if that's the correct word, but they are not making the sound that's in my mind. I was essentially hoping to get something where I could dial in a nice edge-of-breakup lower gain, but with a tone that is just a bit sweeter than your typical overdrive. The BART cleaned up with the trim pot inside is just so full and musical, and is beyond what I was looking for. It is an honor to own this pedal.
That is my next experiment.
I have other heavy fuzzes and like the moderate settings on this as long as I can keep it from getting too dark.
And some of my guitars volume pots don’t interact with it as well as others.

jagROAR_63

My BART has arrived. I bought it as kind of a blind purchase as I have never played fuzz and generally do not like the heavier fuzz sounds. Something just felt right about getting this specific pedal though and I can honestly say my mind is blown.

Im really into lower gain, very dynamic cleaned up OD sounds, but most overdrives these days seem too....sterile?...not sure if that's the correct word, but they are not making the sound that's in my mind. I was essentially hoping to get something where I could dial in a nice edge-of-breakup lower gain, but with a tone that is just a bit sweeter than your typical overdrive. The BART cleaned up with the trim pot inside is just so full and musical, and is beyond what I was looking for. It is an honor to own this pedal.
Congrats on your decision & purchase !

I love mine and favorite pairing is ewith my Tele ! On the bridge and middle position, I can get so many great sound out of it..... Enjoy !

Purplexi

Are the large Sunface enclosures only available for the BART now? Used to be you got the large box if you ordered top jacks for any model transistor.

NewOldSocks

Has anyone compared the BART and the RCA/BART hybrid? Trying to decide between these 2 and it’s a hard choice.
BART Hybrid user here.

There is NOTHING like it's temperature stability... No more stressing at gigs for us FF users!
The v.knob cleanup is awesome with a character that I have found IMO to be the most tasty SF in terms of "flavors of tone in the v.knob sweep".

If temp stability is not a concern for you, then you can't go wrong with the non-hybrid BART.

I hope that helps!

Good Luck!

twisty571

Silver Supporting Member
Are the large Sunface enclosures only available for the BART now? Used to be you got the large box if you ordered top jacks for any model transistor.
Mine has top jacks & is the GE germanium LG & in the big enclosure. Did he change something recently? I honestly don't think the build would fit in a small box, it has all the options.
See how much room is left with top jacks in a big box?