Analogman Sunlion

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by noctilux1, Dec 14, 2005.

1. noctilux1

noctilux1 Member

Anyone have any experience with Analogman's, Sunlion pedal?
    I am thinking about ordering one.

2. Franklin

Franklin Member

It kicks ass!! Like peanut butter and chocolate, the sun face and beano boost go well together! The fuzz spanks, then kick in the beano side, wow!

Do you already have one of the two?

3. eric-d

eric-d Member

I have some similiar to the beano to match up with my sunface... it's awesome.... really smooths out the fuzz through a fender amp...

4. noctilux1

noctilux1 Member

No, I don't have either. I understand it's cheaper to get the Sunlion than buying each one separate. It's expensive. I just want to make sure it's as good as it's written up to be.

5. Franklin

Franklin Member

I love the beano as a boost/OD, and I love the sun face side, but together, YEAH! I have trouble with the sunlion cutting thru the mix in my band, but with the beano it works better. It's great in a three piece, or for recording, but like I said -you gotta be loud to cut thru with it.

In my band I use the beano side a lot, and the sun face side once a night maybe..... but I am not the main rhthym player, mostly leads. The fuzz doesn't mix with another guitar that's distorted either.

6. Franklin

Franklin Member

I love the beano as a boost/OD, and I love the sun face side, but together, YEAH! I have trouble with the sunlion cutting thru the mix in my band, but with the beano it works better. It's great in a three piece, or for recording, but like I said -you gotta be loud to cut thru with it.

In my band I use the beano side a lot, and the sun face side once a night maybe..... but I am not the main rhthym player, mostly leads. The fuzz doesn't mix with another guitar that's distorted either.

7. noctilux1

noctilux1 Member

That's the trouble with buying alot of these high-end pedals. Not many dealers carry them so you can't try them out. You end up buying on reccomendation/reviews only. One other question, many times certain pedals seem to work well with either Gibson or Fender style guitars. I play Gibsons through KT88 or EL34 powered amps. Does the Sunlion work well with humbuckers and other pedals in the chain?
    Thanks for the responses, I think I'm going to order one.

8. Scamm

Scamm Member

Excuse my ignorance , but I'm not sure if you're talking about the Sunface NKT and Beano Boost as seperate pedals or the SunLion which is supposed to be both in one. I'm considering purchasing either the 2 seperate or the SunLion . Help me out. Thanks

9. Scamm

Scamm Member

I'm not a huge Black Crowes fan but I do like them . Marc Ford uses the SunLion with the Beano Boost . Any thoughts on that ? I mean I like the sound he put on when I saw them this year .