Analogman TS808 RI Upgrade - worth it?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by GAD, Jul 11, 2008.

1. GAD

GAD Wubbalubbadubdub Silver Supporting Member

Title says it all. I have a TS808 Reissue that I was thinking of sending off to Analogman to do his magic. I was thinking of getting the True Vintage mod done.

GAD

2. EXP

EXP Supporting Member

I think so granted I havent A/B'd it with a stock 808 but it sounds more natural(organic bloom) and smoother than stock. The harmonic overtones make the notes jump out I didnt hear that with the RI, great picking dynamics. I noticed more output as well which works great as a boost, stock wasnt as loud didnt work as well for this application YMMV.

I expected mine to have the run-of-the-mill JRC4558 chip but low and behold it has the rare TL4558P chip, smooth and low noise operation. Im about to do some chip swapping here soon I will let you know the results.

3. VintageToneGuy

VintageToneGuy Member

Of all the TS pedals and TS style pedals I've owned, the AM TS808 True Vintage was the best. As soon as I recoupe some funds, I'm gonn try to replace the one I had a couple of years back.

vtg

4. silverface63

silverface63 Member

I have owned the TS9 Silver mod pedal for a long time now. It's a keeper for sure. Is it worth it, yup!!! Anything thats a modded tubescreamer gets bagged on by alot of TGPers but, there are also a massive group that love em. I say do yourself a favor and go for it. Thats just me though.

5. Waxhead

Waxhead Member

Surfin at Merewether Point, NSW Australia

+1 :YinYang