• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Analogman

Mosfed

The mighty mighty
Hey guys

So I am planning on ordering a few Analogman pedals for when I go back to the US in November as any boutique pedal costs a minor fortune in London. Hell I saw a Way Huge Pork Loin for GBP 200 the other day. It's not even boutique and it costs over $300.

But I had a few questions as I won't be able to audition before buying.

- Peppermint Fuzz - Dark or normal? My only fuzz is a Keeley Fuzz Head. What do you think?

- Compressor - Ross clone or Dan Armstrong clone. Or the bi-compressor where you get both?

- what do you folks think of his simpler delay pedal? And is the Prince of Tone all that?

Thanks

h20man

I can only speak to his Mini Bi Comp. Great pedal, right up there with the Wampler Ego as my favorite comps. Check Youtube for clips.

Jesus freak

Silver Supporting Member
I loved my regular Peppermint, it wasn't bright at all. I'd get that one again before I got the dark peppermint. I had the mini bi-comp, great comp, but I preferred the Wampler Ego. Mike makes great pedals. I also have his Modded Maxon SD-9 with mid knob, he hit a home run with that pedal!

stratguy23

I like the regular Peppermint Fuzz, I haven't tried the Dark version though. Mike makes good pedals. I did not really love the King of Tone, but I may not have given it enough tries. I think that it is very amp dependent.

Liquid_Mojo

Silver Supporting Member
+1 on the regular Peppermint Fuzz. A friend of mine who plays professionally wanted a good fuzz. I let him try my Peppermint and he was hooked. It's basically a Fuzz Face, but with more gain. Cleans up nicely. Sounds really cool with a dying battery.

zosozep7

Platinum Supporting Member
The Mini Bicomp is definetly a great comp. I own one. Also love his chorus with the mix knob. The PoT is a great pedal! And for the price, you cant go wrong!

WolfmansBrother

Silver Supporting Member
Love the Peppermint. I have a regular version, and would love to pick up the dark version. The ARDX20 is the best analog delay I've played in all regards. Has a great buffer, too.

delay dude

His delay pedals are awesome! Highly recommended.

A bit off-topic: would you bring me some analogman pedals, too?

No.9

So I am planning on ordering a few Analogman pedals for when I go back to the US in November as any boutique pedal costs a minor fortune in London. Hell I saw a Way Huge Pork Loin for GBP 200 the other day. It's not even boutique and it costs over $300.
I was just down Denmark St. two weeks ago, I feel your pain!

- Peppermint Fuzz - Dark or normal? My only fuzz is a Keeley Fuzz Head. What do you think?

- Compressor - Ross clone or Dan Armstrong clone. Or the bi-compressor where you get both?

- what do you folks think of his simpler delay pedal? And is the Prince of Tone all that?

Thanks
The regular Pep is a lot of fun, if you find it too bright you can always run it into a POT, and yes the POT is a great sounding pedal. I have both the Comprossor and the Juicer because there was a waiting list for the Bi-comp at the time. Some days I like the Ross side more, some days I like the Juicer side more, just get the Bi-comp. I haven't tried the delay but always wanted one those small analog delay units he used to offer, hopefully Mike will bring back a small footprint analog delay.

My other favorites are the Astro Tone and Sun Lion, you should probably get 'em all if you knew what was good for your tone. ;)

Might be nice to have some threads highlighting UK builders of amps and pedals. Importing gets very expensive- having just got the superbass DLS from the states. Any thoughts?

No.9

Might be nice to have some threads highlighting UK builders of amps and pedals. Importing gets very expensive- having just got the superbass DLS from the states. Any thoughts?
I was only in London for a short time, had a hell of a time by the way, I could easily live there! It seemed that the hottest items over there were no different than here, Boss pedals, Squire CV, Marshall, American boutique pedals, and the American vintage guitar market (vintage ES-335s, Strats, and Teles being at the top of that list). Correct me if I'm wrong but is this pretty accurate? I tried looking for some exclusive stuff on Denmark St. but it's really more of what we have here in the states, and it costs twice as much (especially American vintage guitars!).

sub rosa

Analog.Man pedals I have:

Dark Peppermint (in regular colour)
Astro Tone
Bi-Chorus

Re. the fuzzes - both are great. If I had to keep only one, it would be the Astro Tone. It is a fantastic pedal and stacks really well.

Mosfed

The mighty mighty
Not necessarily so! While you're in London why not try some of these excellent UK boutique builders. Some pretty sweet handwired pedals for less than a hundred quid.

Ghost Effects
Magnetic Effects
Made by Mike
Pigeon FX

Very very cool. Thanks for the suggestions! I will mosdefinitely check them out. Do you have any specific suggestions?

Thanks for all the other responses.

Sounds like I will order-

- dark peppermint fuzz - I do like my fuzz rather dark
- bi-comp - just seems easier than deciding
- prince of tone - if I can get one

Thanks

Trending Topics