analysis Plus - instrument and speaker cable

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by glman, Mar 21, 2008.

1. glman

glman Member

A friend brought some analysis plus yellow oval to my house and basically blew me away - very nice cable - anyone else used it?
    what type of analysis plus speaker cable works well with guitar amps?

2. 57paf

57paf Member

GLman:
    My store owner let me audition the entire line. We used a very well made guitar (Vinetto strat, vintage pickups and steel saddles) and a very simple circuit amp (Divided by 13 RSA23, click channel). The yellow oval was very good. I felt like I could hear the wood tone in all the pick up positions. But the purple studio cable reproduced the most acoustic harmonics of all. I think that the studio would be a must for acoustic players. The yellow oval would be good for most electric players, particularly if a fair amount of gain was being used. The purple studio is outstanding when playing clean. Unfortunately, the purple studio cable is almost triple the cost of the yellow oval. I still bought the purple studio cable.

3. glman

glman Member

is the purple studio pro oval still good for overdriven sounds?
    I'm using an Alessandro English which is a very detailed amp with incredible harmonic content.
    I loved the yellow oval but was told the studio Pro oval is in another league so I've ordered the oval studio pro.
    I play semi clean most of the time and go into medium high gain territory.

4. eliot1025

eliot1025 Supporting Member

I've used two great guitar cables. The Vovox and the Sommer Stratos. My favorite speaker cable is the Van den Hul Inspiration Hybrid. Lou V (on this forum) has a comparison he posted online of two $100 cables. One of them is the Analysis Plus yellow oval. There's a big audible difference between the two cables but I won't say which is which. You should hear it for yourself before you spend that kind of money.

5. glman

glman Member

the yellow oval is nice but the studio pro oval is in another league

6. dB

dB Member

I had Carr make me a Rambler head, and it came with Clear Oval. He uses this with all his combo amps as well. It sounds great.

7. TDJMB

TDJMB Gold Supporting Member

+1 on the studio pro oval

8. jasonlee77

jasonlee77 Member

How is the ALessandro Cable compare to the Analysis??

9. glman

glman Member

they are similar - I cannot say which is better - The Alessandro sounds a bit warmer - you got to try both

10. TDJMB

TDJMB Gold Supporting Member

The AP studio pro oval is clearer, more present than the Alessandro Two guitar cable. But you pay, what, twice the price for that. It's worth it to me because I spend most of my time playing clean at low volume and I want every bit of sound I can get. You also have to have an amp that can provide that sound.

11. jasonlee77

jasonlee77 Member

I had a Analysis Yellow oval,it's sound very close to my Evidence Lyric HG.how is the AP studio pro?? is that much better than the yellow and evidence??

12. glman

glman Member

I've got both the Studio Pro Oval and the Yellow oval and I can definitely say that the Pro Oval is better- it's definitely clearer sounding with something extra that the Yellow oval doesn't have - the yellow oval is duller but has a big bottom end - I think the Pro oval has a tad less bottom but it's punchy and warm and clear all at the same time - best cable I've ever played