ancient history....

Bassomatic

Just came across this instrumental from waaay back in the late 80's. A bit of mental fun done with Matte H back when i was in Woodstock, he still in grad school.

I still dig the energy, despite the tape hiss and GK git tones.

find yourself in egypt

scottl

Cool track Basso! Loved the synth stabs. Reminded me of the 80's! Nice bass work btw.

Matte's tone sure has come a long way! Playing was stellar of course.

Thansk for the post.

Red Ant

Originally posted by Bassomatic
Just came across this instrumental from waaay back in the late 80's. A bit of mental fun done with Matte H back when i was in Woodstock, he still in grad school.

I still dig the energy, despite the tape hiss and GK git tones.

find yourself in egypt
Wow that was great, very enjoyable trip down memory lane!
You guys are wearing your influences on your sleeve - i hear eno, percy jones, fripp, maybe some "Life In The Bush Of Ghosts" and a little "Catherine Wheel" ;)

Drums are hilarious - RX11?

Bassomatic

Originally posted by Red Ant
Wow that was great, very enjoyable trip down memory lane!
You guys are wearing your influences on your sleeve - i hear eno, percy jones, fripp, maybe some "Life In The Bush Of Ghosts" and a little "Catherine Wheel" ;)

Drums are hilarious - RX11?
TR 505 actually. Sadly, my drum programming's improved but little over these many years.:eek:

As to influences, i've got mine, matte's got his, and there's a whole lotta overlap. Never owned the Cathy Wheel, but well steeped in Eno, Fripp, and Percy of course.

Thanks for the comments, guys.

rh

Robo Sapien NoiseMaker
Gold Supporting Member
The greatest stuff I listen to here usually has you and or Matte involved.

This piece is no exception.

T

teakwoodbetz

Cool tune. Synth work reminds me a little bit of old Ozric Tentacles, as do some of the guit tones. Nice playing on all accounts.

rh

Robo Sapien NoiseMaker
Gold Supporting Member
Thanks a ton, richard.

I always dig your stuff as well.

Any new stuff in the werks?
Only new stuff is some new software I've been working on for a couple of years. Kinda cool (but only kinda).

Bassomatic

Originally posted by rh
Only new stuff is some new software I've been working on for a couple of years. Kinda cool (but only kinda).
Of what sort, or is it a top secret kinda thing?

rh

Robo Sapien NoiseMaker
Gold Supporting Member
Of what sort, or is it a top secret kinda thing?
It does uber-real-time timing and analysis of electronic financial transactions and market data feeds between exchanges (NASDAQ, NYSE, etc.) and the parties those exchanges do business with, then provides inputs into algorithmic trading systems, generates alerts when the trade protocols fail, etc etc etc blah blah blah yadda yadda yadda.

Beats flipping burgers I suppose, particularly at my age.

http://www.tradingmetrics.com

Woodyworld

Originally posted by rh
It does uber-real-time timing and analysis of electronic financial transactions and market data feeds between exchanges (NASDAQ, NYSE, etc.) and the parties those exchanges do business with, then provides inputs into algorithmic trading systems, generates alerts when the trade protocols fail, etc etc etc blah blah blah yadda yadda yadda.

Beats flipping burgers I suppose, particularly at my age.

http://www.tradingmetrics.com

??~?? - Damn man what language was that in ? :confused:

Trending Topics