• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

And a bluesy thingy w/ Helix...

Tito83

I was goofing around w/ a very famous brazilian christmas tune (thought it was! A guy on facebook pointed out it's actually John Lennon's Happy Xmas! A bit ashamed to admit it, but didn't know that lol) as I was waiting for the misses to get ready. She indeed took her time, enough for me to record it. Setup was the usual, ESP w/ EMG Lukather set, Helix into an Apogee Duet. Helix setup was dead simple, Tube Screamer (0 gain for rhythm, 5 for lead), PRS Archon Clean and reverb. This time I ran the whole thing through Steven Slate's Virtual Tape Machine just to warm things a little. Hope you guys dig it and happy new year! :)

*Preset
http://line6.com/customtone/tone/2767950/

Last edited:

Tito83

Added the preset on the first post!

Happy new year everyone! :)

Last edited:

hendrik7

Great! I must say I find it interesting you didn't know this was a John Lennon song :p it has to be among the most famous X-mas songs of all time, covered by dozen of artists.

Tito83

Great! I must say I find it interesting you didn't know this was a John Lennon song :p it has to be among the most famous X-mas songs of all time, covered by dozen of artists.
LOL I know, I know... Not really an excuse, but I'll tell the same story I told the guy on facebook. I'm not from the US, I'm from Brazil. I went to NY a few years ago during Christmas season and I noticed that every store would be playing different songs, and the style always matched the store's own style. Over here it's very different this way, we get bombarded with the same couple of tunes every freakin' year, and one of them is a version of Happy Xmas by a popular brazilian artist. It got so old it became somewhat of a joke for us, there are even a bunch of memes about this. Even my wife went like "ohhh F*** no!" when I started trying to play it lol

Trending Topics

Top Bottom