and another take on Journos BT (part2)

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by PacoCasanovas, Aug 14, 2005.

1. PacoCasanovas

PacoCasanovas Member

http://www.pacocasanovas.ch/turnmeon2.mp3 (Gibson ES-347 used)

ok....its no tube amp here....you can hear it, its a Line6 AX2-212...with a Rode NT2 mik in front....

this AX2 has a funny history! I received it from a friend for free, cause the amp was gone...no lights, no signal but the voltages and the poweramp were still working!

So...after a while i figured out how to fix the prob (it was a non-function CMOS circuit, needed for reset the cpu-unit)....i quickly made a workaround on the board (as you can see below)....and welcome back AX2!!!!:D

[​IMG]

some day i'll have enough money to buy me a fuchs-amp! watch out!! :D

greeetz
    Paco

2. vladorg

vladorg Supporting Member

Hey Paco,
    nice work,man!I listened to both your takes-first one was great as well as this one.Loved teh way you started out with the cool harmonic idea on both and loved the chromatic licks you were throwing.Also,congrats on being able to have that vocal tone out of the Line 6.

Vlad

3. PacoCasanovas

PacoCasanovas Member

Hey Vlad, thank you man!!:) ....i was really suprised by the tone of the AX2, never tought i would be lucky with a digital amp....:D

greeetz & all the best for your drummer-search!

Paco

4. CarlosEduardo

CarlosEduardo Member

interesting tone Paco! amazingly the typical Line6 digital color does not lot of pain here, it sound natural and fat, maybe lack a bit of some tail from a speaker simulation or spring reverb, it could bring the final touch, but sound very good anyway and your playing is great Paco... cool ...ah! you are a nutty electronic wizard ...like me !! hhaha ... :D

Carlos Eduardo Arellano

http://www.carlosarellano.com/music

5. PacoCasanovas

PacoCasanovas Member

Hey Carlos, thanks for your replay.....your comments help me to move on in this time, cause of problems with other musicians in my area.....sometimes i wish to have a working trio.....but it seems i have to dream on for the next 20yrs.....:( ....yeah, i'm still young (thats what "they" said 10yrs ago)....

maybe i should practicing or take some serious lessons (cause i'm mostly selftaughted), and focus myself on my things and restart 20yrs later....when i'm 47!;)

all the best
    Paco

6. journo

journo Member

Hi Paco,

I like the funky rhythmic motif you start out with. I like themes.

Regarding your sound. Digital modellers can be very useful and sound quite good. I record everything I do with my Boss GS-10 modeller. Including the backing track you just based your take on.

Finally a note on your playing. If I had played as well as you do 20 years ago I would have been happy then and even happier now. Funny you should mention it but I'm actually 47 years old :D

Cheers,

Mats N

7. PacoCasanovas

PacoCasanovas Member

Wow...a note from the master himself! Much thanks for your great backing-track!!!! (+999999999999999) :dude

thank you for your kind words..... i'm in a bad mood right now, b/c my trio seems not working (seems they don't put the same effort in as i did).....i'm still feeling as a roockie-player (beside all those great musicians here in this forum!!! You guys rawk!!) ......i can learn a lot from you!
    I didn't want push too hard on my other bandmates, or my age....cause i'm generally here to learn (as all of us), days were come or days were go ....i hope to find "this" band someday....b/c its the best way to learn by playing live....well at least for me...;)

Thanks again and all the best!

greetings

Paco

8. CarlosEduardo

CarlosEduardo Member

I agree ... 47 here too... and I fell cool too . Journo, imagine us restarting 20 yrs´s later.. lol.. well never is too late, but that could be ridicolous :rolleyes:

9. journo

journo Member

Hi Carlos,

I don't know about ridicolous. From the point of view of getting great chops I agree with you.

Then again here's a true little story. My grandfather's brother always regretted not having learned an instrument. So for his 80th birthday he put an upright piano on his wishlist. We all thought it was cool and he got it. Man, he was a happy cat. He then proceeded to learn to play a bit and while he never got any great chops he sure enjoyed it. He died a few years later but I think his last years were better due to his music. So for musical pleasure, it seems like it's never too late.

Cheers,

Mats N

10. CarlosEduardo

CarlosEduardo Member

wow journo! yeah, I am with you, I can understand and I´m moved, even more, that is my thinking way all my life, I´m sorry by the careless use of ridicolous term I did, maybe I was not able to be clear in my words, I am talking about to re-start instead of start or rescue a legitimate dream in any moment of our lifes, as did your grandfather's brother commendably at his 80´s. Just I wanted to say for me don´t make sense to abandon now without a valid reason by not appreciating the gifts that life and God granted to me. My history is real too and personal, my own one, basically a self taught musician all my life I did move away of guitar at my 33 y/o because I feel stucked and sterile as guitar player, aside inner personal conflicts, also cultural and social repel in my country toward "foreign" styles like jazz and fusion did motivate my retreat. Altough I did fortify my piano skills, such guitar abandon was wrong, I had been able to stay making guitar and anything well done!. After very critical times and meditate I come back at my 38´s y/o again, and now more than ever I value and love what I have, I respect my gifts as a life treasure , and for that reason I don't consider restart because neither I don't consider irresponsibly stop again ...like a fool in the past, and less even now because of silly reasons. In the meantime my inspiration also come from names like Miles Davis, Louis Amstrong, Dizzy Gilliespie and others like Michel Petrucciani who only was 36 at death time, but never stop of dream... despite his terrible physical impediment. Btw, I dream about learn to play trumpet..maybe I will start when I get 99, after learning african Kalimba that is scheduled for my 90 birthday ;) never is too late for start, I agree with you

all my respect

Carlos

Carlos Eduardo Arellano

my web site

11. journo

journo Member

Hi again Carlos,

I think that we agree 100% but as we are both communicating in a language that is not our native one, we are bound to have a bit of confusion once in a while.

Yes, the gift of music is definitely one of the wonders of this world and it would not only be foolish to abandon it. I'm considering it a moral crime not to love, cherish, develop and share that gift. You, Carlos, sure have the gift not only of playing music with an emotional impact but you also compose music with fire in it. Music that not only is nice to listen to but also makes me want to play. Play more and play differently.

I'm happy that I have my gifts different as they are due to a variety of reasons. I have even told me wife that if she should never ask me to choose between my music and her because she will never get the answer she wants. Music has been my emotional saviour so many times in my life when things have been rough. Even when life is good music serves the same good purpose. When I play (live, studio, practice) and when I compose I enter a sort of meditative state where all the worries in life can't get to me. They are unfortunately still there when I stop playing but at that time I'm calmer and mentally better equipped to deal with problems.

So, Carlos, I think we should both stay at it untill the day we are physically incapable of doing it. I pray that will be the day I die as I have a very hard time envisioning ever being really happy or content without music.

Cheers,

Mats N

12. CarlosEduardo

CarlosEduardo Member

* I agree 100% too , language barriers sometimes play a role
    ** Thank you
    *** yeah! however my researchs about MECOMI (Mental Cordless Musical Interface © ) are in a very advanced stage, I hope finish it about of 2060 ...stay tuned :D

Thank you for your nice words Mats...

Carlos