And Next - new funky tune and backing track

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by journo, May 20, 2006.

1. journo

journo Member

Hi,

I just finished a new tune. I was so impressed with the T-Rex Møller and Mudhoney I just wanted to play some more with them so I wrote and recorded this funky little number "And Next".

Rhythm guitar was a Yamaha Pacifica 612v with Duncan SSL singles neck and mid combination with some compression from T-Rex CompNova.

Melody and lead was recorded with a Suhr Classic. OD for the theme (before break) was the Møller and then Mudhoney.

What I really like about the T-Rex pedals is that they don't mess with the attack portion of the notes.

Anyway here's the tune:
    http://www.beggat.com/uploads/And%20Next%20060520.mp3

Here's the backing track for those with an urge to do the funky jam:
    http://www.beggat.com/uploads/And%20Next%20BT%20060520.mp3

I have a very simple wish here. If you download this backing track I really would appreciate if you posted in this thread and said so. I'd like to get an idea of how many people download. I do this for the fun of seeing what kind of reach my BTs have. Thanks in advance!

Your ordinary comments on sound and playing are of course, as always, welcome! As are your own versions.

Cheers,

Mats N

2. Rid

Rid Senior Member

Thanks for the track:)
    I will hear your take after dinner, the backer sounds great by the way!
    Niels

3. gsozz

gsozz Member

Great track Mats!
    Love the thin strat rythem. It Kills!
    Do you use a synth for the main groove? I would love to try writing like this myself but don't know the insider secrets.
    I'll try to do a take on this this weekend ( am playing friday and saturday so time is limited).
    Love all your tracks. You do good music!

Greg
    Houston, Texas

4. journo

journo Member

Hi Niels,

You're welcome!

Cheers,

Mats N

5. journo

journo Member

Hi Greg,

Thanks for listening.

The groove was built using software synths in Cubase SX3.1 run on my PC plus a track with my Squier Jazz Bass. There are two different drums sets in Battery 2, two synths playing the same bass line, two synths playing the same chord part and a percussion part coming from a patch in Kontakt 2.

On top of this I then did the clean compressed rhythm guitar, te wha-wah guitar, the melody track and finally the solo.

Cheers,

Mats N

6. abergdahl

abergdahl Member

I guess it comes as no surprise i have downloaded this as well. Maybe a bit to 80's for me but I will make an attempt.
    Great backing and playing as usual Mats, i hear some stuff i haven't heard from you before towards the end :AOK.