And the easiest way to digitally release an EP or Single is....???

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by TeleBlack, Mar 17, 2015.

1. TeleBlack

TeleBlack Senior Member

One of my old bands that plays 2-3 times a year for special events wants to record a song or maybe 3 in a friend's new project studio. What's the best way to get the music up for sale on the internets?

CD Baby?

I don't want to go with the one company that you have to pay a monthly subscription. F that noise.

2. Toogy

Toogy Member

3. BrewDrinkRepeat

BrewDrinkRepeat Member

Bandcamp. Well-known site, easy to use (for both you and your potential customers), flexible pricing options (including free), and they support lossless formats in addition to Mp3.

4. TeleBlack

TeleBlack Senior Member

THIS is why I joined up here. Thanks you two.

5. TrampledUnderFoot

TrampledUnderFoot Member

Distrokid is also pretty nice. They'll put it up on all the major streaming (if you want) and sales sites for you and their fee is remarkably low.

Bandcamp is nice and it's pretty well known, even by non musicians.

6. BrewDrinkRepeat

BrewDrinkRepeat Member

Oh, and the stats you can view on Bandcamp in terms of how many listens, skips, sales, downloads, etc. are great.

7. TeleBlack

TeleBlack Senior Member

Another question on the subject. Bandcamp looks like a great way to sell digital versions of our 2 past albums. We are a hobby band at this point and only gig 1-3 times a year. How should I manage the money from sales of the old stuff and the new EP? We don't have a band bank account or paypal. I'm really the only person in the group who will be managing the online stuff.

We're doing the EP/Single thing just for fun on a few songs that we've had forever. I don't need to set up an LLC or other business blueprint do I?

8. BrewDrinkRepeat

BrewDrinkRepeat Member